- Younger brother of U Tin Tut (ICS), U Kyaw Myint and U Myint Thein.
- First native Rector of Rangoon University
- Vice-Chancellor of Rangoon University
- He is a prolific writer and a Folklorist.
- He writes about Burmese Culture & Customs, History, and Law.
- Some of his works “Thirty Burmese Tales”, “Burmese Drama” were prescribed as text books in the early Education System.
- U Win Aung (Aung Mon, BBS and VOA) wrote about Dr. Htin Aung and other famous Burmese. U Win Aung’s post was re-posted by us.