Update : June 16, 2022
I am blessed to be a Life Long Learner and a Volunteer for several communities / organizations / projects.
I am blessed to be able to pay back to my alma mater and my mentors.
- Paying respect to Sayas is a tradition that is unique to Burma / Myanmar.
- The tradition is alive and well.
- There have been seven world wide SPZPs :
SPZP-2002, SPZP-2007, SPZP-2010 (Singapore)
SPZP-2004, SPZP-2012, SPZP-2016 (Yangon)
- SPZP-2020 will be held in Yangon in 2020
Note sure if the Pandemic will effect the schedule
- Many alumni are active in the following:
- SDYF (Swel Daw Yeik Foundation)
- RITAA (RIT-YIT-YTU Alumni Association)
- NorCal RITAA (in the US)
- “History of University Engineering Education in Burma/Myanmar” was published in 2012.
- The project’s initiators included Saya U Soe Paing, Sayagyi U Ba Than and several sayas and alumni
See Acknowledgement in the Book
- Saya U Aung Hla Tun and team compiled the book
Saya gave the copyright of the HMEE-2012 book to RITAA
- Draft for the first two sections was prepared by Saya U Soe Paing
Ko Ohn Khine translated Section 1 and summarized Section 2
Ko Ohn Khine’s works were revised by Saya U Soe Paing
- HMEE-2018 project is headed by Saya U Aung Hla Tun.
The project will revise and enhance HMEE-2012 book.
Also cover History of Engineering and Industries in Myanmar
YTU Library Modernization Project
A decent Library is a requirement of the accreditation of YTU by Asean (and beyond).
- U Khin Maung Tun (T78)
- Dr. Myo Khin (C70) and Daw Mya Nwe (C73)
- Daw Myint Myint (C69)
- Saya U Tin Htut (M60)
- James Shwe (M76) and Annette Shwe (A75)
- Anonymous donors
- Alumni from Northern and Southern California
- Alumni from Singapore
- Alumni from Australia and New Zealand
- The Library could have a section to help remember our beloved alma mater, our sayas and alumni activities
- Sayagyi Dr. Aung Gyi endorsed Ko Benny Tan’s proposal to archive the mementos
- Requested class representatives to record their gatherings and activities
Health Care Funds
- “Steeve and Helen Kay Health Care Fund for RIT Sayas and Sayamas”
- “Eye examination and assistance Fund provided by U Khin Maung Tun”
- Balance of both funds have been handed over to Swel Daw Yeik Foundation
- Other funds include 69er HCF, EE69er HCF, and those administered by the classes and groups (e.g. Combined 1st BE Intake of 64 and 65)
- RIT related Facebook pages
- RIT related Google groups
Saya Allen Htay
- Leader of the San Francisco Bay Area Alumni Group.
- Co-founded “RIT Alumni International” which hosted SPZP-2000 and served as its President
- His article “Brother, can you spare US $500?” is a classic
- Daw Mu Mu Khin hosted a lunch in memory of Saya on December 31, 2017 (Saya’s birthday)
- Daw Mu Mu Kin donated Saya’s books to the YTU library.
Sponsored scholarships for eligible YTU students.
Golden Sponsors for SPZP-2000
- U Thaung Sein (Steeve, EC70)
- U Benny Tan (M70)
- U Khin Maung Oo (Ivan Lee, M69)
- U Tin Myint (David Ko, M67)
- U Maung Maung Than (M79)
The Golden sponsors and other donors made sure Saya U Nyo Win’s Act will not be needed.
The organizers must chip in (e.g. $500) if SPZP-2000 cannot have the minimum number of attendees. (U Nyo Win’s Act)
- Completed two decades as Chief Editor of RIT Alumni International Newsletter
- Compiled posts for the Golden Jubilee of 69ers
Celebrated on December 14, 2019
- Writing and revising posts in hlamin.com
- Requesting sponsors / volunteers for implementing my Dream (of compiling e-books and books for Posterity)
- Praying for the end of the Pandemic which had inflicted numerous lives across the Globe
Categories: Hla Min