- U Myaing
- Dr. Chit Swe
- U Min Wun
- U Kyaw Min (Pituka)
- U Myint Sein
- U Aye Win Kyaw
- U Mya Sein
- U Nyan Win
- U Tin Aung
Most are GBNF.
U Min Wun is the exception.
U Myint Sein
- U Myint Sein was my friend from Primary school.
- Matriculated from SPHS in 1964.
- Graduated with B.Com (IT) in 1968.
- Managed Family Business
- Founding member and EC of Burma Astro Research Bureau (BARB).
- Principal at BARB.
- Requested me to develop programs for Veda calculations and predictions.
- Ko Win Latt developed Win Horo.
- Ko Zaw Tun developed a Prolog program for prediction.
- As a “Jack of all trades and Master of some”, I ended up sharing my Veda knowledge to selected Computer Science students and my Computing expertise to selected Veda sayas.
- Several BARB sayas and students use programmable calculators and hand held computers for their study and practice.
- U Myint Sein led discussion groups at selected houses (e.g. U Khin Maung San, Bohmu Thane Myint) over lunch.
- I became acquainted with Veda sayas : U Khin Aung Bo, U Than Htay, U Myint Lwin and Bogyi Kyaw Zan Hla (to name a few).
- I also wrote articles (with three pen names) for Jotisha Veda magazine.
- A few years back, I visited U Myint Sein at his house.
He showed me the text he had written for the School of Indigenous Medicine, where he was a Visiting Professor.
He was fond of Medical Astrology.
Several doctors would seek his advice.
- He founded IDEA Astrology.
- He passed away peacefully in his house (while watching TV).
- He had earlier come back from Okkalapa where he had brunch.
- U Myint Sein (GBNF) served as Principal at BARB
- U Aye Win Kyaw (GBNF) taught Astronomy
- U Than Htay taught Ganita
- U Myint Lwin (GBNF) taught Phalita
- U Khin Aung Bo (GBNF) taught Thanhita
- There were several assistant and part time sayas and sayamas.
- Graduated with Civil Engineering from RIT in 1970
- Taught at RIT
- Developed programs for Astronomy and Astrology
- Taught Astronomy at BARB and MARB
- Passed away in Pwin Oo Lwin a few years back
- Taught Ganita at BARB and MARB
- Vice President, MARB
- Published books (based on lecture notes) and almanac
- Recovered from some health problems
- Taught Phalita at BARB and MARB
- Vice President, MARB
- Helped compile and publish the Veda Calendar
- Passed away some years back
- Taught Thanhita at BARB and MARB
- President, MARB
- Passed away peacefully while praying
on May 13, 2020 at the tender age of 80.
- Was relatively strong and healthy despite his love of cigarettes
ယနေ့ 13-5-2020 (May 13, 2020)
နံနက် 07:05 အချိန်တွင်
(၁၅.၅.၂၀၂၀) နေ့လည် ၁၂နာရီခွဲ နေအိမ်မှကားများထွက်ခွာပြီး ရေဝေးသုသာန်၌ ၂နာရီ မီး သဂြိုလ်မည်ဖြစ်ပါသည်။
BARB & MARB Updates
- Of the original EC members of BARB, Saya U Min Wun is the lone survivor.
- Saya U Aye Win Kyaw was sad to lose his son unexpectedly due to electrical safety.
He passed away due to his medical condition.
The family suffered a double tragedy.
- Former BARB sayas (U Khin Aung Bo, U Myint Lwin, U Than Htay, U Hla Win, U Kyaw Myint …) founded MARB.
- U Kyaw Myint (T72) succeeded U Khin Aung Bo as President of MARB.
- His older brother Dr. Kan Nyunt is a Patron of MARB.
- Other MARB sayas include U Hla Win, U Thein Aung, U Soe Thein, Dr. Aung Myin Bo.
- High School Luyechun.
- Current President of MARB.
Succeeded U Khin Aung Bo.
- Expert on indigenous medicine.
- Youngest of 13 siblings.
- Four are alive and well.
Saya Saw (85 years young) was good at writing Yee Zar Sar. He was reprimanded by his aunt for supposedly helping a friend to write YZS to give to his cousin.
Bagyi Kan (83 years) is a doctor and Patron of MARB. He translated several Veda texts.
U Sein Tun (81 years) and U Kyaw Myint (70 years) would pay respect to Saya Saw and Bagyi Kan (following the noble tradition).
Note that several younger than U Sein Tun passed away.
- U Kyaw Myint supposedly wrote a long letter to the parents of a classmate & belle (presenting why is an invaluable suitor).
Not sure if he learned the art of YZS from Saya Saw.
- Core Organizer of RIT Saya Pu Zaw Pwes and activities.
- Attended DAC
- Studied at BARB and taught at MARB.
- He was Secretary and/or VP of MARB, and a member of Myanmar Pyeik Ka Dein Ah Phwe.
- He used to send me his car and/or a Veda saya to pick me up to visit the old MARB office.
- Studied at BARB
- Taught at MARB
- Dr. Aung Myin Bo (who is not related to U Khin Aung Bo) studied Veda from distinguished sayas and also helped them (e.g doing research and writing / refining Veda programs).
He gave me a ride to visit the old and new MARB offices.