Update : April 2, 2022
- Passed away on January 10, 2012
- GBNF # 59
- Ko Tin Hla ( EP 69 ) passed away on 10th January 2012 of cancer, which has spread over most of his organs, originally started on his lungs.
He was suffering from cancer and was operated four months ago.
- His funeral will be on the 12th January 2012 at Yae Wai ( 13.00 hr ).
- He is the No. 59 on GBNF (Gone But Not Forgotten) list.
- Ko Shwe, Myint Maung. Win Maung, Aung Gyi Shwe, Myint Thein Kabar, and I went and met his family yesterday.
- May I remind you to take care of your health.
With Metta and best regards.
Aung Min (M 69)
From Ivan Lee (M69)
It is sad news. I was very close with him at the RIT second and third years. I named him Tommy, resident from Myoung-Mya. I met him at the Bassein college first year. He had a younger brother. When his father passed away in Rangoon, I remembered he and I seated together at the front, next to the driver of the funeral car at Rangoon Chinatown. At my RIT 69er welcome party in Yangon in Nov. 2006, that was the last time I saw him.
I am sending my deepest condolence to his family, and wish him be merry whatever he is going to be.
Again, it is an universal rule, we can keep going to lose one after another, will never ever to add any single one more into our network, regardless what, we must regard [and help] one another. And take care of our health, not others assistance, but ourselves desirability.
God bless all of our beloved classmates , alumni, respectful Sayas.
From U Aung Kyaw Pe (EP69)
Very sad to hear the demise of him.
Aung K P
From U Sein Myint (EP69)
Very sad to hear from Aung Min regarding Ko Tin Hla from Myoung-Mya.
He is very near to Myint Mg (Bu Gyi).
We were very near when doing this and that.
Kristian Lal also together with him.
Sein Myint (K K Wong)
From U Thein Swe (EP69)
Dear Ko A Min and all,
Well done! Thanks for your annual and, occasional reports [about the ’69er Health Care Fund]. Once a friend is forever the friend. The older we become the more we should recognize our classmates no matter whether alive or deceased, in high or low profile. Please extend my words of thanks to Ko Shwe, Moe Hein, Myo Nyunt, Myint Sein, Kyaw Zin, Myint Thein, etc for their activities regardless of old age.
There are some outstanding classmates of the year 2011 viz: Ivan Lee @ Khin Maung Oo (USA, Kyaukme, M), unnamed classmate from USA,. Nyunt Nyunt Wai (Tx, Germany).
From U Sein Tin (M69)
Dear Ko Aung Min and the rest,
Thank you for your annual report of Health Care Fund and activities. You are right. We are at the sun set time. We need both physical and mental support to each other.
You have done well. I support you.
Sein Tin [Omega]
- At one time, the Class of 69 had median age of 69 and the GBNF list was 69.
- At present the Class of 69 has a median age of 74 / 75 and the GBNF list is 116.
Note that Aung Gyi Shwe, “Kabar” Myint Thein and Thein Swe are now GBNF.
- Ma Tin Tin (Anne, EC69) donated $300 to the 69er Health Care Fund.
Per her request, she was listed as a “classmate in the US”.
She is the lone female EE graduate in 1969.
She migrated to the US.
She earlier told the 69ers of her volunteer work for immigrants and/or seniors.
- Ma Tin Tin attended the Golden Jubilee (GJ) Celebration in 2019.
She donated $1000 for the Celebration.