Update : April 2, 2022
- There are several posts about the Class of 69.
- Some posts were consolidated for the true Golden Jubilee of Graduation on December 14, 2019.
- Sad to note GBNFs in the photos of old posts.
- At one time, 69ers were alarmed when they receive phone call or e-mail from U Aung Min (Chair of the 69er HCF, organizer of the 69er Gatherings).
They were afraid of hearing the bad news and the sad news.
- The 69ers appreciate that U Aung Min also offered Vitamin F (Friendship, Fun, Food) with the help of sponsors and donors.
Golden Jubilee Celebration of the Admission to 2nd BE in 64
- Chit Tin (EC), Khin Maung Win (EP), Abdul Rauf (EP) … are GBNF
Tin Hla (C) Myint Aung
Mintha Gyi Myint Aung is GBNF.
Three 69ers have Myint in their names, and form a sequence : Hla Myint – Myint Thein – Hla Myint Thein
Kabar (Myint Thein) is GBNF.
During a visit to Yangon, Saya U Hla Myint Thein (Patrick) took us to his family’s Ah Hlu at the Panditarama in Bago Hse Mile Gone. I paid respect to Beelin Sayadaw. I was Sayadaw’s interpreter at Tathagata Meditation Center (TMC) at San Jose, California.
Saya U Hla Myint invited me to his Ah Hlu at the same monastery the following week. Both sayas are Advisors at Panditarama. Due to schedule conflicts, I had to decline his offer.
Kabar (Myint Thein) gave me a couple of rides to attend the 69er gatherings.
There are other Myints such as Daw Myint Myint, David Myint Thein, Myint Sein, Peter Myint Maung, “Bu” Myint Maung, and Sein Myint.