Update : April 2, 2022
- In our days, EE offered two options :
EC (Electrical Communications) and
EP (Electrical Power).
- It took several decades before EC (also known as EcE and Electronics Engineering) and EP became departments.
- I have edited Ko Thein Swe’s comments to reflect the change of status of the sayas and classmates.
- There are related posts (e.g. EE69ers in 2009).
- In addition to the 69er HCF (Health Care Fund), there is EE69er HCF.
Ko Sein Myint is a major donor to 69er HCF along with Ma Myint Myint (C69) and Ko Ivan (M69).
Ko Sein Myint is also a major donor to EE69er HCF.
Great Photo taken in August 1969
by Ko Thein Swe (EP69, GBNF)
They were the humble, hard working classmates of EE69ers who usually shared knowledge with each other when someone could not catch up lectures/text-books. The great photo was taken in August 1969.
4th Row, L to R:-
- Myint Swe(EP, Mogoke, ex-Steel mill, GBNF)
- Thein Swe (EP, Meiktila, RIT Luyechun for 3rd BE, lost spouse, GBNF)
- Aye Thein (EP, Mawlamyaing, ex-glass mill, Volleyball for RIT EE, lost spouse)
- Khin Maung Nyo (EP, Inle, Innthar, GBNF)
- Khin Maung Win (EP, Kathar, Sar-ga-lay turned Galon, ex-EPC, GBNF)
- (Henry) Than Lwin (EC, ex-lecturer, Ygn, Gaung-gyi)
- Kyaw Zin (EP, ex-Paper mill, ex-EO)
- Khrishan Lal (EP, Aussie)
- Tin Hla (EP, Myaungmya, ex-EPC, GBNF)
- Myint Maung (EP, Minbu, Bugyi, ex-EPC, Volleyball for RIT EE, single)
- Zau Lai (EP, Myitkyina, Kachin, ex-PWC, ex-EO, entreprenuer)
- Bishnu Shahi (EP, Nepalese, maybe in Nepal/US ?)
- Sein Myint (EP, Ygn, Singapore, RIT Selected for Swimming, Water Polo, Rowing; 69er HCF; EE69er HCF)
- Saw Edison (EP, ex-fertilizer, Aussie)
- Khin Win (EP, ex-paper mill, RIT Weightlifing, GBNF)
- Soe Win (EP, ex-Namtu mine, Mawlamyaing, RIT Basketball Captain, GBNF)
- Yee Htun (EP, now in Yangon)
- Aung Than (EP, ex-fertilizer, So-sie)
- Mehm Ye Win (EC, Mawlamyaing, ex-telecoms, Secretary of RIT EE)
- Maung Ko (EC, Bogalay, ex-MOGE)
- Kyi Win (EP, Kyaw Gyi, ex-txt mill, -EO, Meiktila)
- Sai Aik Yee (EC, now in Ygn fighting diabetes)
- Tun Aung Gyaw (EC, Meiktila, Joint Secretary of RIT Thaing, ex-UCC, US)
- (Robert) Win Boh (EC, ex-DCA, Aussie)
- Hla Min(EC, ex-UCC, Secretary of RIT EE, Vice Captain of RUBC, RIT Alumni International, US)
- Khin Maung Bo (EP, now in Ygn)
- Aung Thu Yein (EC, Brownie, Ygn, ex-MOGE, -Schlumberger, GBNF)
- Abdul Rauf (EP, Tin Aye, ex-fertilizer, GBNF)
- Sai Kham Pan (EP, Burma Selected for Badminton, Taung-gyi, ex-Distiller)
- Tun Oo Khaing (EP, Rakhine, ex-Paper mill, Hlyat Sit Sar Saung, GBNF)
- Hla Paik (EP, Chaung Oo, ex-EPC)
- Chit Tin (EC, Nyaung Oo, ex-MOGE, GBNF)
- Sa Maung Maung (EP, Thaton, ex-Paper mill, Volley for RIT EE, EE69er HCF, lost spouse)
- Mg Shwe (EP, ex-EPC, Treasurer of 69er HCF, EE69er HCF)
- Oo Kyaw Hla (EC, ex-MOGE, Canada?),
- Sai Hwet @ Myat Soe Lwin (EP, now in Ygn)
- Aung Kyaw Pe (EP, ex-EPC, long time S’pore, sometime M’ysia, Visit Australia)
- Khin Mg @ Hasan (EP, Saudi Arabia)
Front Row : Mostly Sayas
- U Moe Aung (Tekkatho Moe War, Author, Editor, Publisher)
- U (Saw) Khaing Oo
- U Ba Myint (Retired Pro-Rector)
- U Soe Paing (ex-UCC, retired from UN)
- U Kyaw Tun (Saya of our sayas, President of RIT EE, GBNF)
- U Sein Hlaing (Professor, GBNF)
- U Tint Swe (Former Footballer for Prome Hall, Tennis, GBNF)
- U Ba Lwin
- U Sein Win (President of RIT Swimming, President of RIT Rowing, GBNF)
- U Thein Lwin (President of RIT Badminton, S’pore, GBNF)
- U Tin Shwe (ex-ABAC, Uzin, GBNF)
- U Sein Maung (ex-ABAC, attended SPZP-2000)
- Ma Tin Tin (EC, US)
Happy to send precious memory re-caller.
Absentees: Kyaw Sein (EP69, Myingyan, ex-cement mill, S’pore), Kyaw Soe (EC, ex-DCA, GBNF).
There are other Electrical classmates (63/64 intakes or 69/70/71 grads) such as
- Minn Aung @ Hla Thoung (EP 70, ex-cement mill, S’pore)
- Ko Toung (Tom, US)
- Surinder Singh (EP, Taung-gyi, Aussie)
- Aung Than (EP ? or quit. Pyinmana, playing cards and chess)
- Than Htay (EP 70?, Dawei,Tavoy, ex-EPC)
- Ko Thoung? (EP?, ex-PWC)
- Win Mg (RIT Swimming & Rowing, left for Bristol Tech College before graduation, ex-UBA,-private air line)
- Tin Shwe (EP70?, Taungthar, ex-EPC)
- Aye Thaw (repeater EP, Kyaukpadaung, ex-EPC)
- Ba Oak (repeater, Shwe Bo, ex-EPC)
- Khin Mg Tint (repeater, Windwin-Meiktila, ex-EPC)
- Moe Hein (EP70?, Meiktila, ex-Jute dept)
- (Michael) Thein Htun (repeater, ex-sailor, jolly)
- Kyi Shwin (repeater, ex-astrologer)
as far as I remember.
Regards and with Metta
After retirement, several Sayas and alumni relocated (e.g. from Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand back to Myanmar).
Some spend part of the year visiting their children and grandchildren in USA, Australia, New Zealand, UK, Hong Kong, etc.
Ko Aung Thu Yein (EC69, GBNF) wrote :
Ko Thein Swe,
A Brilliant Effort. In fact it is a time frame. We’ll keep it as long as we live. And we want our offspring and relatives to keep it and pass it on. First our Metta to our Parents/Guardians. Then to our mentors whoever they are. Without them we’ll never be Smart Engineers.We were blessed to be in that group. And our Buddhist Philosophy. Some of us have left and we’ll follow them suit later or sooner. While we are breathing let us be together near or far. Carry on. Well done!
Chan Thar Ko Sake Myare Bar Zay,
Aung Thu Yein
Ko Win Boh (Robert, EC69) wrote :
George (Lake) Win Maung left for Bristol Tech College as State Scholar to become Aeronautical Engr Radar & Radio Licence X served with UBA ( Union of Burma Airways not U Ba’s Airways later known as BAC Burma Airways Corporation ) – he did not join DCA (Department of Civil Aviation which Sayarlay U Soe Min GBNF & Rob Win-Boh joined in 1970 & Ko Kyaw Soe EC 68/69 GBNF & Ko Wanna Sotho EC 71 joined in 1972. Many Others like Ko (Uno) Kyaw Myo EC 7* joined DCA in 1976/77 to become Aeronautical Airworthiness Officer (Instruments) & lately Dy Minister of T & C.