Update : December 24, 2021
Dr. Tin Win
We moved to BIT from Leik Khone in 1961 and attended our final year classes there. I resided at F-Hall, Room #1 during that year where U Aung Than (Mining) was our Hall Tutor.
I am not sure who the other hall tutors were. I suspect there might have been only two or three hall tutors then, and the other hall tutors might have been U Shwe Yi (Textile) and U San Tint (Electrical).
But I must admit I do not recall very well. Some of my good friends who might remember are Col. Myint Thein Lwin (M-62), (BEME, retired), Col. Hla Kyi (M-62), (BAF, retired) and U Maung Maung (C-62), (Irrigation Dept., retired), who also resided at the hostels at RIT.
- Sayas U Aung Than, U Shwe Yi and U San Tint are now GBNF.
- Saya Dr. Tin Win is believed to be the youngest member in the class of 62.
He shared the gold medal with Saya U Soe Paing (EE) and another for gaining the most marks in Mathematics for I.Sc. classes.
- The Class of 62 include Darren Lee (M62, GBNF), Saya Mao Toon Siong (M62, Burma Champion and Coach in Table Tennis), U Soe Thein (EE62), U Aung Gyi (Simon, ChE62) and U Than Se (Richard, ChE62)
- U Aye (M62) wrote :
During 1961-62, Hall Tutor for E block was U Myo Kyi. U Aung Than was F block, U Shwe YI was A block. U San Tint was hall tutor, I do not remember which block.
Class of M62
- U Aye (M62, Retired HIC/FAO) provided two photos of M62 : one formal and one casual
- He played Volleyball for BIT and Rangoon University.
- He provided information for several posts
- U Myint Thein Lwin (M62) provided photos from the Senior Engineers’ Gathering (Thet Kyee Pu Zaw Pwe) in Yangon in 2016 and 2018.
Categories: RIT Memories