Update : December 15, 2021
Dear Sayas and Colleagues,
- In 1963, we attended the last ever I.Sc (A) classes at the Intermediate Colleges.
- At Leik Khone, Ko Aung Min was B115 and I was B116.
- For several years, Ko Aung Min (M69) volunteered as Chair of 69er HCF (Health Care Fund) and Core Organizer of 69er Gatherings.
He and his team compiled the Contact Info for 69ers and have revised it several times.
He also sends Monthly Reports for Donations, Expenses, Good and Bad News (e.g GBNF, Medical conditions).
- At one time, the median age of the 69ers was 69.
The GBNF list had 69 members.
There was Symmetry and Magic.
- Currently, the median age is 75 / 76.
The GBNF list grew exponentially in 2021 partly due to the pandemic.
The list now has 116 members (same as my Roll No in I.Sc(A); another coincidence).
- While I still have reasonably good health and memory, I am paying back to my alma mater and mentors by archiving posts, photos and priceless memories.
- Thanks to the SPZP-2000 Organizers (Ko Benny, Ko Maurice, Ko KMZ, Saya Nyo, Saya George, Saya Myat Htoo … ) for their pledge to contribute to the Oral History Project.
- In the early days, many sayas (e.g U Aung Khin, Dr. Aung Gyi, U Min Wun, Allen Htay, Dr. San Hla Aung, U Htin Paw, U Maung Maung Win, U Htun Aung Kyaw, Dr. Koung Nyunt) and alumni (e.g U Aw Taik Moh, U Tin Htoon, Ba Thein Atlanta, Victor Htay Aung) shared their memories via the RIT Alumni International Newsletter and the RIT web site.
- Hope many sayas and alumni will share their memories in the FB pages and my website hlamin.com
- Together, we can preserve the History and Glory of our Alma Mater.
Categories: Hla Min