Update : December 14, 2021
- U Tun Aung (Jeffery, MEHS, EC68) passed away of heart failure
- Eldest of six brothers
- Spouse : Daw Thuzar (Former Movie Actor, Sister of Academy Daw May Yu)
- Son : Michael Aung
- Daughter-in-law : Annie
- Grandchildren : 3
- See Facebook posts by Daw Thuzar and Michael
- Most of his classmates, who passed GCE examination, left Burma to study and/or work overseas.
Only two chose to attend Rangoon University.
He was top student in EE and EC classes.
Anita Aye Pe was selected Luyechun for 2nd MB Jr in the Summer of 1965.
- He suggested the name “BASES” for the association that was co-founded by Saya U Tin Htut, U Tin Htway and David Tun Tin.
- Saya U Chin Way was interviewed for a job in Los Angeles. When the interviewers learned that U Chin Way was a saya of their boss (U Tun Aung), there were no more questions.
- Two of his cousins (Dolly and Margaret) are spouses of U Kyaw Sint (E Tai, T70, Soccer, Tennis) and U Tin Maung Lay (M69)
U Khin Maung Zaw (KMC, EC76) wrote
U Jeffrey was the classmate of U Aung Khin (U Tar Tu – LA) and U Myint Thein Aung ((U Min Maung – Bellevue/WA/USA)– My son’s God Grand Dad).