Update : December 13, 2021
- Faculty of Engineering, Rangoon University moved to Gyogone Campus in 1961 and was named Burma Institute of Technology (BIT).
- BIT was renamed as RIT in 1964.
- Photo : RIT Handbook for the 1966-67 academic year
- HMEE (History of Myanmar Engineering Education) Book was published in 2012.
Saya U Aung Hla Tun was the leader of HMEE-2012 Project.
- Rangoon University was established in 1920.
- Plans for teaching Engineering started in 1923.
- The inaugural courses were opened in 1924.
- The first batch graduated in 1928.
- BOC funded the College for Engineering (and Mining).
- The Faculty of Engineering held classes at BOC College and later Leik Khone.
- Accounts of those days have been written by Saya U Aung Khin (Mech), U Aw Yaik Moh (C54), Saya Dr. San Hla Aung (C58), Saya U Soe Paing (EE, UCC), U Myint Khine (Norman, C63) …
- Benny Tan (Yu Beng, M70, Golden Sponsor of SPZPs) had two copies of the Handbook.
His friend “borrowed” a copy and “forgot” to return it.
I took the photo for SPZP-2000.
The list of Sayas and Sayamas from the handbook was mentioned in my early “RIT Alumni International Newsletter”.
Categories: RIT Memories