Update : December 12, 2021
- Sayagyi was the first native Dean of Engineering.
- He also taught Civil Engineering courses.
- He wanted to make sure that every engineering student know most students who are senior or junior.
- Sayagyi earlier served as Professor of Civil Engineering and Principal of GTI.
- Sayagyi proposed the Twinning Program between RU and prestigious US universities.
- Dr. Aung Gyi, U Min Wun, U Maung Maung Than, U Aung Khin, U Khin Aung Kyi, U Thit were some of the engineering students who benefited from the Twinning Program.
- U Sein Hlaing, U Tin Swe and several sayas also benefited from the Twinning Program.
- For the commemorative issue of RIT Alumni International Newsletter for SPZP-2000, Saya U Aung Khin requested Saya Dr. Freddie Ba Hli to write about Sayagyi.
- Saya U Aung Khin wrote a preface to the article.
- Saya Bilal Raschid (A) studied Civil Engineering at RU before pursuing Architecture in UK.
- Saya Bilal provided photos of Sayagyi U Ba Hli.
Categories: Gone But Not Forgotten