Update : December 1, 2021
By Tekkatho Moe War (U Moe Aung)
- U Thet Lwin graduated from St. Paul’s High School (SPHS) in 1957.
His Burmese teacher was Saya U Sein (father of Dr. Soe Win, First in Burma in 1958, Retired Rector of YUFL).
- Saya taught Burmese at the Institute of Economics.
He composed the song “Mya Kyun Nyo Nyo” which has been sung at the RU Centennial and at many other events (including the RIT Worldwide Saya Pu Zaw Pwes).
- He and Saya Dr. Aung Gyi (then, Professor of Civil Engineering) were members of the RU Golden Jubilee Celebrations Committee in 1970.
They would reunite again at Rangoon Institute of Technology as Registrar and Rector.
- He and Saya U Moe Aung were EC members of the “RU Kalaung Ah Thinn” for the academic year 1959-1960 along with Kyu Kyu Thinn, Shwe Ku May Hnin and Maung Swe Tint (Shumawa).
- Sayas U Thet Lwin and U Moe Aung were active in the publication of RIT Annual Magazines, and RIT Ah Nu Pyinnya Ah Thinn.
- He retired as Director of DHE (Directorate of Higher Education).
Categories: RIT Saya