Update : November 1, 2021
- “K” is the pen name of BBS U Khin Zaw (Founder and Director of Burma Broadcasting Service / Myanmar Ah Than).
He was assisted by his cousin U Pe Thaw.
His mentees include “Aba” U Than Myint.
- He served as Chief Librarian of Rangoon University Central Library.
Saya Zaw Gyi (U Thein Han, Laureate Poet) succeeded him as Chief Librarian.
- He wrote about Burmese Music.
He listened to Burmese Classical Songs and wrote international notation for them.
He explained to visiting musicians (Duke Ellington, Count Bassie …) about Burmese Musical Instruments.
- He translated poems by Saya Minthuwun and Saya Zaw Gyi.
- Several years back, U Wint Khin Zaw mailed me a book authored by his father.
The book’s title unfortunately had to be changed from Burma to Myanmar (in my time) per order of the Censorship Board for Publications.
Due to absence of Grandfather’s Clause, books with Burma in the title could not be reprinted without changing it to Myanmar.
(e.g books by Maurice Collis and Daw Khin Myo Chit).