Update : October 20, 2021
- Saya U Aung Hla Tun is the Lead Author for HMEE-2012 and HMEE-2018 projects.
- Saya U Ba Than arranged with Saya U Thaw Kaung to provide access to the archives of RU Central Library by Saya U Soe Paing and team.
- Saya U Tin U was interviewed by Saya U Soe Paing.
- Saya U Khin Aung Kyi was interviewed by U Ohn Khine.
Several volunteers assisted with other interviews.
- U Ohn Khine and I compiled the CD Supplement for the HMEE book.
- Details can be found in related posts.
- Mr. Robert Hole was the English Editor for RUESU (Rangoon University Engineering Students Union) Annual Magazine.
Daughter : Sayama Daw Gilmore Hole (UCC)
Nephew : U Percy Maung Maung (classmate of Saya U Soe Paing at SPHS and Stanford University).
- Saya asked Mr. Robert to write for the “History of University Engineering Education in Burma/Myanmar”. Mr. Robert asked three weeks.
Said to say, Mr. Robert did not complete his assignment.
- During my visit to Yangon, Gilmore invited UCC alumni to a mini-gathering at her house.
We learned from Gilmore that her father had “memory retention problem”.
- That is one reason I am sharing my memories before my memory declines.
- History is appreciated in some countries.
- In the USA, there are many museums (with Docents) and historical societies (with Historians).
- I volunteered as a Docent at the Computer History Museum (CHM) for several years.
- CHM has an “Oral History” Project to record interviews of pioneers, researchers, and notable people.
- CHM also had live presentations: individuals and/or panels (with a moderator).
- According to the Historian from Smithsonian, “There is generally no single, correct history. Often, there are competing parallel histories.”
- We understand that there are pressing issues (e.g. rebuilding the alma mater and our beloved motherland to their former glory), but we also need to have historical facts compiled (in writing or in interviews) and preserved.
- U Ba Nyunt (Chit Dukkha)
- Dr. Kyaw Thet
- Bohmu Ba Shin
- Dr. Than Tun
- Dr. Khin Maung Nyunt
- Dr. Htin Aung (Folklorist)