Sayadaw U Silananda
- Chief Resident Monk of Dhammananda Vihara.
- Spiritual Director of several monasteries and associations in USA, Myanmar, Canada, Mexico …
- Chief Compiler of the Tipitaka Pali-Burmese Dictionary for the Sixth Buddhist Council
- Authored books in Burmese and English
- Meditation teacher
- Rector, IMBTU
- See related posts for details
- Sayadaw passed away on August 13, 2005.
- We paid homage to his bronze statue on the morning of August 14, 2016.
Sayadaw U Jotalankara read Sayadaw’s biography.
Shwe Bo Sayadaw and Mr. Luyen (from Tathagata Meditation Center) recounted the good qualities and achievements of Sayadaw.
Over the years. I have served in the following capacities at Theravada Buddhist Society of America (TBSA)
- Member of the Board of Directors
- Executive Committee member
- Editor of “Dhammanda Newsletter” and TBSA web site
- Simplifier of “A Manual of Buddhism” for use at the summer dhamma classes
- Editor of transcribed dhamma talks given by Sayadaw at the weekend retreats
- Master of Ceremonies at the services for Sayadaw
- Accompanied Saya U Myat Htoo to carry the ashes to be scattered near the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco
- Member of Book Committee and Editor for paying “Homage to Sayadaw U Silanandabhivamsa”
- Volunteer at the TBSA ceremonies
- U Myat Htoo (C68)
- U Tun Shwe (ChE72) : moved to Virginia
- Daw Myint Myint Yee (ChE73) : moved to Virginia
- U Myint Thein (Soon Hoe, C74)
- Daw Myint Myint Thein (C77)
- U Aung Zaw Maung (Pet78)
- U Zaw Lwin (Andrew, M87)
- Many non-alumni
Categories: San Francisco Bay Area