Update : October 20, 2021
- Burma Broadcasting Service
(Myanmar Ah Than)
- Original building : Windermere Crescent
Later moved to Prome Road
- Founder-Director U Khin Zaw (“K”, former Chief Librarian of RU Central Library)
Spouse : Daw Than Hnit
Children : Pyone Khin Zaw, Wint Khin Zaw
- Assisted by U Pe Thaw
Children : Dr. Zin Aung, Win Aung, Htay Aung, Jean
- Broadcast in Burmese, English and selected National Languages
- The English section of BBS had a program for Local Talents.
- BBS U Hla Bu (Percy Looney), Daw Olive, Daw Allison Tun Ngwe and U Eddie Thwin helped run the program.
- A typical session is allocated 15 minutes.
- An individual or a group can sing or play about five songs.
- A typical remuneration is 45 Kyats per session.
- Occasionally, BBS holds a Variety Show.
- Playboys participated in the Rangoon University Golden Jubilee Celebrations in 1970.
- Several performers turned Professional during the Stereo Khit.
- Win Mra and Des Rodgers
- Dream Makers
Reggie Ba Oo (Tekkatho Aye Maung), Eddie Ba Oo (Tin Aung Moe), …
- LPJ (Love Peace and Joy)
Victor Khin Nyo, Thein Tan, …
Sein Lwin, Thann Naing, Tommy Kyaw Naing, Kyaw Naing, …
Tin Aung, Austin Xavier, Mra Tun, Pierpont Morgan and Sydney Sann Aung
- Immanuel Four
Phillip Po Ba, Gerald Sao, …
- Shamrock Boys
Nyi Nyi and Myint Soe
- Win Sisters
Joyce Win (Nwe Yin Win), Hilda Win …
- Super Star
Peter Ba Thein, Han Ngwe Tun (Raymon Tun Ngwe), …
- The Wild Ones
Paw brothers, …
- Andrew Kong
- Victor Ohn Maung
taught several to play the guitar
- Ricky Zaw
- Some people (e.g. Thein Tan, Reggie Ba Oo, …) played on more than one group.
- Most groups had three Guitarists (Lead, Rhythm and Bass) and a Drummer.
- Some groups feature Steel, Hawaiian and 12 String Guitars, Banjo, Percussion and Keyboard.