Update : October 19, 2021
Bagyee U Myo Myint (Myat Myo Myint)
- Retired Dy. GM from Burma Railways
- Designed Covers for RIT Annual Magazines and Swel Daw Yeik Magazines
- Drew Cartoons
- Drew Paintings for Exhibition and Sale
- Donated to Swel Daw Yeik Foundation
- Donated to YTU Library Modernization Project
- Pon Tus of sayas, sayamas and selected alumni (e.g. WHO)
- Volunteer for distributing rice to the needy
- Several sayas wondered what happened to the Swel Daw Bins, which provided Swel Daw Yeik to the engineering students.
- How did they perish?
The Adhamma Regime accused our alma mater as “Thabon Kyaung” and decimated the Swel Daw Bins.
- Saya U Moe Aung (Tekkatho Moe War) was sad to see the demise of Swel Daw Bins, but he is convinced that virtual Swel Daw Yeik lie deep in the heart of the engineering sayas and students and will live on forever.
- In 2014, fifty Swel Daw Bins were planted to commemorate the Golden Jubilee of our alma mater.
- I met three alumni on Facebook and finally met them in person as Organizers of SPZP-2012.
- Ko Saw Linn (C71, GBNF) had a kidney transplant, and had been to ICU at least thrice.
- Ko Wynn Htain Oo (M72) has a hip replacement surgery several years ago.
- Ko Myint Pe (M72) had a Stage-3 cancer.
- Their health problems did not prevent them from working feverishly to repay their metta and cetana to their mentors, and to ensure that their former classmates and school mates will have wonderful reunions and flash backs to the good old days.
- The three alumni are living proof that Swel Daw Yeik (RIT) Spirit is alive and well.
U Saw Linn (C71, GBNF)
- Mailed me MES Technical Publications.
- Hosted a dinner during my visits in 2012.
- Gave me a copy of Selected RIT Cartoons.
- Gave me rides to the SPZP-2012 meetings.
- Wore multiple hats for SPZP-2012 : in charge of Logistics, Security, Publications
- Served as the Chief Editor and Publisher of the commemorative SWEL DAW YEIK MAGAZINE for SPZP-2012. He wrote :
ဆရာပူေဇာ္ပြဲႏွင္႔ေတြ႔ဆံုပဲြ၊ ၂၀၁၂-ရန္ကုန္ကို ဂုဏ္ျပဳထုတ္ေ၀သည္႔
စြယ္ေတာ္ရိပ္မဂၢဇင္းအား မဖတ္လိုက္ မရလိုက္ရွိၾကမည္႔ စကၤာပူေရာက္
ေက်ာင္းသားေက်ာင္းသူ ေဟာင္းမ်ားအတြက္ ရည္ရြယ္လွ်က္ စာအုပ္အခိ္်ဳ႔
ကိုတကူးတကသယ္ယူလာၿပီး၊ #02-14 Peninsula Plaza (ျမသရဖူ)
တြင္ တစ္အုပ္ S$4.0 ျဖင္႔ေရာင္းခ်ေပးေနပါေၾကာင္းသတင္းေကာင္းပါးပါသည္။
- His daughter graciously complied his father’s request to carry as much as possible out of the 90 remaining magazines.
- 45 were air lifted to Singapore.
U Wynn Htain Oo (M72)
- Super Fund Raiser
- Patron, ARITA
- Patron, SDYF
- Coordinator, Distribution of Rice to the Needy
U Myint Pe (M72)
- Founded RIT Cartoon Box under the Patronage of Saya U Khin Maung Phone Ko (C64) and U Aung Myint (Pet69, Kyant Ba Hone, GBNF)
- Helped compile and publish RIT Selected Cartoons
- Vocalist, U-70 Music Group
Volunteers for SPZP-2012
- U Ohn Khine (M 70)
- U Saw Linn (C 71, GBNF)
- Daw Hla Thi (Tex 72)
- U Aung Myo Khin (M 71)
- Daw Pyone Pyone Oo (C 79)
- U Myo Myint (M 72)
- U Myint Soe (Pet 72)
- U Ko Ko Gyi (C 73)
- U Aung Moung (M 73, GBNF)
- U Nyunt Htay (Met 73)
- U Toe Maung (C 74)
- Daw San San (C 79)
- U Win Khaing (M 75)
- U Than Win (Pet 75)
- U Htay Maung (M 75)
- U Tin Tun Aung (M 75)
- U Than Po (M 75)
- Daw Khin Saw Mu (EP 74)
- U Zaw Min (M 75)
- U Hla Win (M 75)
- U Myint Aung ( 78)
- U Win Htay (M 78)
- U Myint Wai (A 79)
- Daw Hla Htay Aung (A 79)
- U Soe Myint (Min 83)
- U Aung Win (C 84)
- U Win Khaing Moe (EE 84)
- U Aung Kyi Soe (M 85)
- Daw Kyi Kyi Pyone (M 86)
- U Kyaw Hlaing (M 86)
- U Tin Maung Naing (M 87)
- U Tin Oo (M 87)
- U Myint Naing (EE 91)
- U Zaw Naing (EE 96)
Categories: Rangoon Institute of Technology