Update : October 19, 2021
History of Myanmar Engineering Education
- HMEE-2012 team was led by Saya U Aung Hla Tun (National Literary Award winner and former Chief Editor of RIT Annual Magazines).
- Saya U Ba Than provided many photos for use by the Project.
He hosted the initial meeting for the Project and the penultimate meeting at his place (Winner Inn).
- Saya U Thaw Kaung (former Chief Librarian of Rangoon University Central Library) provided access to Saya U Soe Paing and team to search the archives of Rangoon University and scan pertinent documents.
- Saya U Soe Paing compiled material for the first two Sections of the book.
He prepared a draft in English.
- U Ohn Khine translated Section One of the book from Burmese into English.
He wrote a summary of Section Two.
His work was reviewed by Saya Des Rodgers and Saya U Soe Paing (who made revisions).
- U Ohn Khine and I compiled articles and photos for the CD Supplement of the book.
- U Thant Zin and U Hla Win helped with the meetings and logistics.
- U Myint Pe (M72, co-founder of Cartoon Box) also served as a member.
- Daw Pyone Pyone Oo and team interviewed selected sayas and sayamas for the Project.
- U Htay Maung (Editor at Myanmar Times) and his team provided Burmese Word Processing support for Saya U Aung Hla Tun.
- U Thiha Latt was a saya at YTU.
He was one of the Maintainers of “Cartoon Box”.
He helped with the printing/publication of the commemorative Swel Daw Yeik Magazine, Collection of RIT Cartoons, and HMEE-2012.
- Some new members and volunteers joined the project.
- Monthly meetings were held to produce the revised version of HMEE-2012 book and to prepare material for topics not covered in HMEE-2012.