Update : October 18, 2021
- Boundary may stand for a dividing line.
- In Mathematics, we learned about Interior points, Exterior points and Boundary points.
- Boundary Road supposedly marked the limit of the “old” Rangoon.
- Private Primary Boundary Road School (PPBRS) was founded by Daw Tin Tin Aye.
Her assistant teachers included her younger sisters : Daw Yi Yi and Daw Khin Khin Aye (Teacher Ah Mar).
- Daw Khin Khin Aye as Principal.
- PPBRS expanded into Middle School and ultimately High School.
One reason was not wanting her children — Thane Myint, Kyaw Thein and Moe Moe — to move to another school.
- PPBRS became Private Boundary Road School (PBRS).
- (During our days, children started with Infant (C) and then progressed to Infant (B) and Infant (A).
Some other schools would call them LKG (Lower KG), MKG (Middle KG) and UKG (Upper KG).
- Tin Maung Thant (Ah Pho Gyi), GBNF son of UNSG U Thant
- Francis Ohn Maung (son of Arzani U Ohn Maung)
- Flora Aye (medical doctor who worked in Brunei and moved to the USA) and her sister Shirley Aye
- Winnie Mya Maung (Win Mar, winner of Academy for her role in “Pho Pyone Cho”), her brother Ted (Toe Nyunt, “Shwe Gaung Byaung”) and her sister Rosebelle (Sar Oo, Sandar)
- Stanley Bu (A1 Than Htut), Freddie (A1 Thein Htut), Bobby (Aung Myint, Thamankyar Ko Myint)
- Nay Win (MEHS63, M69, GBNF)
- Han Tun (SPHS63, DSA)
- Elizabeth Kyaw Tun (Ph.D. in English, Elder daughter of Saya U Kyaw Tun (RIT EE))
- Myint Sein (Bobby, Principal of Burma Astro Research Bureau)
- Myat Hla Sein and Chit Mya Sein (Children of Director U Chin Sein)
- Khin Maung Oo (Master Mariner)
- Saw Oo, Kyi Kyi Tin and Tin Tin Aye
- Robert Gale (Khin Maung Oo) and Dolly
- Myint Swe (Monty) and Errol Thein
- I did not like to go to school.
- That all changed when Teacher Kywe transformed me.
- My mother would ask me to pay respect to her annually until she retired.
- It was my micro-PZP.
St. Paul’s High School
- My parents decided to transfer me to SPHS after passing Third Standard.
My brother was then studying for his Matriculation in SPHS.
- SPHS has unpublished rules.
The Brothers prefer students to start from KG, or at least transfer from their affiliated Catholic Schools. The applicant should have a relative who is a current or Old Paulian.
- Even though I placed second in PPBRS, I was admitted to St. IV(D).
- After doing well in IV(D), V(D), VI(D) and VII(D), I was permitted to join Section (A).
I studied VIII(A), IX(A) and X(A).
- My class teachers were
IVD : Mrs. A Benjamin
VD: Mrs. Violet Boudville
VID: Saya U Pe Maung Tin
VIID: Saya Nge
VIIIA: Brother Anthony
IXA: Brother Xavier
XA: Brother Austin
- Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint wrote : I also joined at IVD, moving from St Philomena’ boy school (across the road from Convent).
Like you wrote you start with D, then worked your way up to A.
Our class teacher was Mrs Benjamin, who had to teach newcomers and plodders from earlier SPHS classes.
Once when she was upset with us she shouted, “Do you all know that IV D is the waste basket of St Paul’s?“.
Nice to know that you were in IV D like me at the start.