Author : Thu Kha
Translator : Hla Min (“Maung Hlaing Phyo”)
Daw Khin Swe Hla was Editor of the Sunday Supplement for Working People’s Daily (WPD).
She was Editor in charge of “Dawlay’s Circle” at Guardian.
WPD had featured distinguished Translators including
- MMT (Chief Justice U Myint Thein)
- Tet Toe (U Ohn Pe)
- U Htin Fatt
- Sao Hso Holm (Mong pawn Sawbwa Lay)
- ZMT (former Ambassador U Zaw Myint Thein).
- Daw Khin Swe Hla wanted new blood / young translator.
- She gave me “Nge Thay Loh” (short story by U Thu Kha) to translate.
- I translated using Hlaing Phyo (one of my pen names).
- I received fifty kyats for my translation.
- U Thu Kha (the author) received fifty kyats.
- The first few pages of “Still So Young” are shown in this post.