Update : October 13, 2021
U Sein Hlaing (EE52, GBNF)
- Joined the EE Department as Assistant Lecturer after graduation in 1952.
- Studied MSEE at MIT. Upon return to Burma, he was promoted to Lecturer.
- Retired as Professor and Head of the Electrical Engineering Department.
- Spouse : Daw Nyunt Nyunt Yee (GBNF)
U Tin U (C)
- Attended Rangoon University when it reopened in 1946 (after three years of closure due to the war).
Classmates : Dr. Pe Nyun (GBNF), Dr. Pe Thein (GBNF)
- Past Captain and Gold of Rangoon University Boat Club (RUBC).
U Tin U, Dr. Pe Nyun, Dr. Pe Thein and Bobby Tin represented RUBC at the 1948 Independence Day Regatta at Kandawgyi and were awarded RUBC Gold.
- As of this time of writing, U Tin U is the Most Senior among the RUBC Past Captains.
- Studied BSCE at Oregon State University and MSCE at Yale University.
- Upon his return, he taught part-time at the Civil Engineering Department.
- Worked for Clark and Grieg, Inter-Kiln.
- Senior member of Consulting Group (of Architects and Engineers)
- Past Captain of Rangoon Golf Club (RGC).
- Gave interview for HMEE project
- Spouse : Dr. Daw Khin Kyi Nyunt (GBNF)
- Children : Dr. Khin Tun (Peter, GBNF), Daw Aye Aye Khin, Dr. Ye Myint
Categories: Class of 5X