Update : October 12, 2021
There are thousands of photos related to RIT.
Many were taken at the gatherings (e.g. SPZPs).
Several were posted at the ex-rit web site.
The following is a sampling.
- Dr. Lwin Aung (A59)
Retired Pro-Rector, YTU
Monk after retirement
- U Aung Kyee Myint (A60)
Co-founder, Architects Incorporated
Retired Chief Architect, PWD
- U Tin Htoon (A60)
Co-founder, Architects Incorporated
Worked in Singapore and US
Rowing and Sailing Champion
Steeve Kay (EC70)
- Multiple Golden Sponsor of SPZP (starting with SPZP-2000)
- Donated US $200,000+ for RIT-related activities
- See related posts
Myint Pe (M72)
- Member of the Swel Daw Yeik Troupe for the Golden Jubilee Celebrations in 1970.
- He was Lushwindaw Seik Kyee. Founded “RIT Cartoon Box” under the patronage of Saya U Khin Maung Phone Ko (C65, “Phone Ko”) and Saya U Aung Myint (Pet69, “Kyant Ba Hone”). Organized four generations of “RIT Cartoon Box” cartoonists to compile and publish “RIT Selected Cartoons” for SPZP-2012. Poduced cartoon pamphlets for SPZP-2016 Active in MES (e.g. Young Engineers Program) Coordinated the set up of exhibits (photographs, paintings, cartoons, …) and the musical program (with RIT Ah Nu Pyinnya Shins) at the SPZPs and Shwe YaDu. Coaxed the U-70 musicians to recorded songs at a professional studio. He is a Mike Khe Pho Soe Chin. Gave me a ride from the SPZP-2012 Preparation Meeting to M72 Reunion and Acariya Pu Zaw Pwe.
- On the ride back home, he and Saya U Moe Aung discussed about their idea of helping sayas and alumni as a Foundation.
- More discussions with enthusiasts led to the founding of Swel Daw Yeik Foundation (SDYF)Cancer survivorAlso lost his beloved spouseBut, life goes on
Nan Khin Nwe (M92)
- 1983 Intake
- Victim of three year school closure
- Fund raiser for SPZPs and Alumni Association
Stan Liou (M67)
- Member of the RIT team which won Inter-Institute Table Tennis
- Founding member of NorCal RITAA
- Past Chair, BOD, NorCal RITAA
- See post on “Table Tennis”
RIT Movie Actors
- Thamankyar Ko Myint
Alumnus of PPBRS, SPHS and RIT
Academy award winner
- Min Oo
- Pyay Ti Oo
Micro-gathering in Seattle, Washington
- U Tin Htoon (A60, California)
- U Aung Khin (A69, Seattle)
- U Khin Maung Zaw (EC76, Seattle)
Mini-gathering in Singapore
- Saya U Soe Paing (EE, UCC)
- Daw Saw Yu Tint (T69)
- Saya U Tu Myint (M, Retired from Singapore Polytechnic)
- U Tint Lwin (Daniel, M69, Retired from NTU)
- James Than (Tennis)
RIT English Sayamas
- Sayama Muriel
Met her at Saya U Tin Maung Nyunt’s house in Milpitas, California
Lives in Thailand
- Sayama Toni
Lost her beloved spouse (former Ambassador)
Met her at her aunt’s house in Windermere Road
Her aunt Dr. Daw Khin Kyi Nyunt passed away late last year
She stays sharp by playing Scrabble and Bridge
- See posts by Saya Des (Canada)
- See post by Saya U Khin (Taiwan)
Three Chemical Engg Sayamas
- Daw Khin Swe Aye (Winnie, ChE70)
Spouse : U Ohn Khine (M70)
- Daw Tin Tin Myint (Emma, ChE70)
Dana Dri Lanka
Singapore Pon Chan Chan
Spouse : Don Min U Yu Swan (M67)
- Daw Tin May Soe (ChE70)
Shwe YaDu Lann
- To celebrate the Golden Anniversary of RIT in 2014
- See posts “Anniversaries”
- See Kabyar by Tekkatho Moe War (Saya U Moe Aung)
- See my translation
- Repaired / restored by an alumni
- For old times’ sake
- See post on “Clocks” and “Time”
RIT Alumni Associations
RIT Alumni International
- San Francisco Bay Area Alumni Group led by Saya Allen Htay (C58, GBNF)
- Meetings at the house of Ko Benny Tan (M70)
- Founded to support the first ex-rit web site
Designed and implemented by Ko Khin Maung Zaw (KMZ, EC76) in Seattle, Washington (Lone member outside California)
Content provider and editor : Ko Hla Min (EC69)
- Hosted SPZP-2000
- RIT Alumni International Newsletter was founded in April / May of 1999
- Many posts by the members (especially written for SPZP-2000)
RIT-YIT-YTU Alumni Association
- For several decades (during the Adhamma Era), there were no organizations / associations
- A few years back, RITAA (or ARITA) was formed and registered
- Hosted SPZP-2016 with the help of sponsors, donors and volunteers
U Myo Myint (M73) designed covers for
- RIT Annual Magazines
- Swel Daw Yeik Magazines for SPZP-2012, Shwe YaDu and SPZP-2016
- He drew paintings and set up an exhibition at SPZP-2016
- He drew Pon Tus of sayas, sayamas and selected alumni.
Handed over the Pon Tus personally or via alumni
- Saya Dr. Aung Gyi’s photo was brought from Myanmar by Metallurgy sayas attending the 2015 RIT Alumni Reunion in Los Angeles.
It was handed over at a mini-gathering hosted at iNapa Winery.
Saya Allen Htay (C58, GBNF)
- Leader, San Francisco Bay Area Alumni Group
- Founding member and President, RIT Alumni International
- Wrote “Brother, can you afford US $500?”
- See posts about Saya , SPZPs and RIT Aumni International
- Daw Mu Mu Kin donated Saya’s books to YTU Library.
She also sponsored scholarships for eligible YTU Students in Sayas’s memory
U Tin U
- Joined Rangoon University in 1946, when it reopened after a closure of three years
- Past Captain and Gold, RUBC
- Represented RUBC at the 1948 Independence Day Regatta at Kandawgyi with Dr. Pe Nyun, Dr. Pe Thein and U Khin Maung Thint
- BSCE from Oregon State University
- MSCE from Yale University
- Taught part-time at Civil Department
- Past Captain, RGC
- Gave interview for HMEE-2012 Project
- Until his early 80s, played golf (e.g. with Saya U Soe Paing)
U Ba Than
- Won Collegiate Scholarship in 1947
- Won two medals in 1949
First for overall score for I.Sc.
First for highest score in Mathematics for I.Sc.
- B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from Imperial College, University of London
- Taught until retirement as Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- Major supporter of HMEE-2012 project
- Donated photos / albums for the project
- Invited colleagues and former students to his annual Birthday Soon Kyaw in October
- Wrote memoirs at the request of his grand son
- Hosted several gatherings at Winner Inn (run by his son)
- Donated all of the Garawa money received from the PZPs
- In August 2016, Ko Maurice Chee (M75) organized a Birthday Soon Kyway for me at the Dhammananda Vihara, Half Moon Bay.
- The attendees brought delicious food.
- Charlie Tseng (EC70) and Diana Tseng (ChE711) ordered two birthday cakes.
- Received two sets of greetings
One displayed the greetings sent by e-mail before the gathering
One signed by attendees at the gathering
- Saya Dr. Aung Gyi could not attend.
He asked Ko Maurice to read his message>
He also requested Ko Maurice to order a dessert (in his name)
- Received “Appreciation Award”
Saya U Myat Htoo (C68) presented the award on behalf of the sayas and alumni
Class of 70 and 71
- Also known as Combined 1st BE Intake of 64 and 65
- Monthly breakfast gatherings
(mostly at Sein Hlyan)
- Ad hoc gatherings
(e.g. at Shwe Bei)
Khin Maung Myint (M71) wrote :
I visited Yangon for business. During short stay I was able to meet up with these ex-RIT Colleagues. Organizer is Harry Kyaw (Myo Nyunt, SPHS63). He always does voluntarily this kind of arrangement for all his friends.
Ko Khin Maung Myint (ChE71) seemed fit and fresh after kidney transplant – as well taken care by kind hearted Rosie (Mai Khin Nyunt, ChE71).
All of us in these photos are junior to you but you would recognize, remember, recall some of them.
- Myint Than rowed same crew with me and also he was RIT Chin Lone Selection
- Than Htaik was Mr. RIT Runner Up at that time and still is still keeping that body.
- Kyaw Win Maung is Lu Ye Chun
- Thein Nyunt
- Owen (Aung Win, M71) is also our same batch, RIT Footballer, a lucky man being to be my BIL (brother-in-law)
- Ma Chaw is my sister