About 200 students entered the first ever 3rd BE class at YTU.
Earlier, it was called the First Year of Engineering.
Saya Sai Yee Laik (GBNF) was the only student in the class. Saya U Myo Myint would say, “Sai Yee Laik was the first and last in A68”.
Saya U Myint Soe (SPHS62, C68) is GBNF.
Saya U Myat Htoo (C68) joined RIT after passing the last ever I.Sc.(B) examination from Mandalay University. He moved to the USA and worked mainly for CalTrans (California Transportation) until retirement. His activities in the USA include
- Founding member, NorCal RITAA
- Chair, Board of Directors, NorCal RITAA
- Founding member, RIT Alumni International
- Member of Organizing Committee for SPZP-2000 & Co-Emcee
- Past President, TBSA (Theravada Buddhist Society of America)
- Past President, BADA (Burmese American Democratic Alliance)
Saya U Ohn Maung (SPHS62, ChE68) has some medical conditions. He had some memory loss.
Swel Daw Yeik Foundation (SDYF) provides K4 Lakhs annually to take care of his failing health,
- U Khin Maung Lay (Henry, T68) is the brother of U Khin Maung Latt (M63) and the brother-in-law of Saya Dr. Ba Lwin (EE59).
- Represented RIT in Track and Field, Soccer, and Rowing.
- Secretary of RIT Track and Field Association
- Past President and Emcee, BASES.
- Emcee at the 2015 Alumni Reunion in Los Angeles.
- Sings Burmese, English, and Chinese songs.
- U Tun Aung (Jeffrey, EC68) proposed the name BASES and served as Vice President.
When the interviewers learned that U Tun Aung was a former student of Saya U Chin Way (EE, SPARK), they ended the interview and proceeded to offer Saya U Chin Way a job.
Spouse : Daw Thuzar (Movie Star). They have a son and three grand children.
- U Aung Khin (SPHS62, EP68) helped alumni visiting or migrating to Los Angeles.
Before and after retirement, he offered his expertise to several monasteries
- Sayama Daw Mya Mya Than (EP68, GBNF)
- U Saw Win (EP68, GBNF)
- U Zaw Win (Cyril, EP68, GBNF)
Categories: Class of 6X