Dr. Htin Aung (GBNF)
- He is the younger brother of U Tin Tut (ICS), U Kyaw Myint and U Myint Thein.
- He served as Rector and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Rangoon.
- He is a prolific writer and a Folklorist.
- He writes about Burmese Culture & Customs, History, and Law.
- Some of his works “Thirty Burmese Tales”, “Burmese Drama” were prescribed as text books in the early Education System.
- U Win Aung (Aung Mon, BBS and VOA) wrote about Dr. Htin Aung and other famous Burmese. U Win Aung’s post was re-posted by us.
Dr. Htin Aung (C69)
- He is a Paulian. He matriculated in 1963.
- He retired as Professor and Head of the Civil Engineering Department.
- He represented RIT in Chinlon with U Tin Shein (“Phone Gyi”, M69).
- He also played competitive badminton.
Dr. Htin Aung (Physics, GBNF)
- I met Dr. Htin Aung (Physics, GBNF) and his twin brother at RUBC when I was an EC member (Treasurer and later Vice Captain).
- Saya U Thein Aung (Mickey Tan, SPHS59, RUBC Gold, GBNF) coaxed some sayas (including the Twins) from the Physics Department to join RUBC.
- Dr. Htin Aung taught and supervised students at a Japanese University.
- He also worked for NHK.