Saya U Hla Myint Thein (Patrick, C69) was one of the few students who drove their car to attend RIT. He joined the faculty. His parents wanted him to do family business (at least part time). He was given consignment to sell and take the profits. During one of my visits, he and his family took us to the Hse Mile Gone monastery for the “Yay Set Cha” of a building that they had donated. He has donated at several places in memory of his mother.
U Hla Myint Thein (Maurice Chee, M75) took Mechanical at the advice of Saya U Win Kyaing (GBNF).
- He worked in Singapore and USA.
- He is a founding member of RIT Alumni International and served as Treasurer.
- He was a Core Organizer of SPZP-2000. He served as co-Chair of the Working Committee, Financial Controller, Logistics Guru and Publisher of the commemorative issue of “RIT Alumni International Newsletter”.
- He is a Past President of BAPS.
- He donated books to YTU Library and also coordinated the book donations by others (Daw Mu Mu Kin, Victor Wong).
- He is a founding member of NorCal RITAA and served as Vice President.
- Like his parents and aunts, he is a culinary expert. He cooked Chicken and Beef Dan Bauk for the lunch gathering of retirees.
Categories: Names : F, G, H, I, J