U Ohn Khine (M70) offered me rides during my visits to Yangon especially to attend meetings for SPZP-2012, SPZP-2016, HMEE-2012, and to selected 69er Breakfast Gatherings.
- His spouse is Sayama Daw Khin Swe Aye (ChE70), younger sister of U Win Maung (“Lake”).
- His younger sister is Sayama Dr. Khin Swe Myint (Physics).
- His friends called him “Gaing Gyi”.
- A few would say “Ohn Gaing”.
- He matriculated in 1964 from St. Peter’s High School in Mandalay.
- He attended 1st BE in November 1964 under the then new Education System.
- He is the founder and moderator of the Google Group “Combined 1st BE Intake of 64 and 65”.
- He also maintains the GBNF list for the Class of 70.
- After graduation, he joined HIC (Heavy Industries Corporation).
He is a volunteer for
- Swel Daw Yeik Foundation (SDYF)
- Shwe YaDu
- Reunion and Acariya Pu Zaw Pwe for the Combined 1st BE Intake of 64 and 65
- U Ohn Khine and I compiled the CD Supplement for HMEE-2012.
- He translated Section One of HMEE-2012 into English.
- He summarized Section Two of HMEE-2012.
- He co-authored the “RIT Days” article with U Zaw Min Nawaday (EP70).
- I edited their joint long article and published in “RIT Alumni International Newsletter”.
- It was also reprinted in the Golden Jubilee magazine by the Combined 1st BE Intake of 64 and 65.