Sayagyi U Yone Moe
by U Wynn Htain Oo (M72)
- Sayagyi U Yone Moe is RIT’s first Rector and our Rector.
- For us he is more than a Rector because he is the father of our Mech 72 Kyaw Moe and we treat him like our uncle. He was very gentle and kind gentleman.
- One evening during our school days,while 2 of my”notorious” Mech72 friends were joyfully swimming in the Circle Pool in front of the main building, they were suddenly caught by the Rector. Naturally they were very much afraid.
- But SAYAGYI just told them, ‘You young gentlemen, this is not the swimming pool. There is University swimming pool and if you want to swim please go there’ and left. That’s all. You can see how much those “notorious” Mech 72 friends were relieved.
- We love our Rector and remember him ALWAYS.
By Saya U Kyaw Sein (M65, GBNF)
- The first Hovercraft was fabricated and submitted as a thesis by 1973 Mechanical students as a partial fulfillment for the Bachelor Of Engineering degree. Their supervisor was Saya U Tu Myint (Retd. Singapore Polytechnic).
- The next batches submitted thesis on improvement of the first one. VIP test drive was performed for the Minister for Industry at that time, Col. Maung Cho. The test drive was performed on the lake beside Insein Locomotive Maintenance and Repair Shop. The invention was a success.
- U Kyi Aung (Roland Chen, ChE73) was honored to drive the first ‘Hovercraft’ invented by 1973 RIT ‘Mechanical’ students.
Ironically, further improvement projects were stopped for no reasons.
Categories: RIT Memories