- Ancestor’s House
- Let Oo Saya
- Collegiate Scholarship
- RIT Days
- * Student
- * EE Association
- * EE Magazine
- * Lu Ye Chun
- * RUBC
- My Beloved Spouse
- Three Generations
- Life Savers
- * Siblings
- * Sons, nephews and nieces
- * Cousins
- * San Francisco
- * Yangon
- * Half Moon Bay
- * Awards
- * Distinguished Toastmaster
- * Halloween Themed TM Meeting
- Visit to Windsor, Canada
- Visit to Connecticut
- Visit to Sydney
- Visit to Mexico
- Many of us (siblings and cousins) grew up in “Ein Gyi” (Big House).
- Later my father and his siblings built their houses in the Compound.
Let Oo Saya
- My beloved parents supported us to have a decent education.
- I have written about them in several posts : Father, Mother, Beloved Parents, Countdown to SPZP
- I stood Seventh in Burma in the Matriculation of 1963 and was awarded a Collegiate Scholarship along with nine classmates.
- We were honored by the school (St. Paul’s High School) and the alumni association (Old Paulian Association).
- Additional information and photos can be found in posts related to SPHS.
- I attended Rangoon Institute of Technology (RIT) from 1964 to 1969.
- Additional information can be found in my post “Memories of a 69er”.
- We passed the last ever I.Sc.(A) examination and were admitted to the first ever 2nd BE (under the then new Education System) in November 1964.
- There were 300+ classmates.
- Sad to note that 100+ are GBNF (Gone But Not Forgotten).
Ko Aung Min (M69) and team maintain the GBNF list.
- I was an EC (Class Representative) of the RIT Electrical Engineering Association.
Ko Shwe Win was the Secretary.
- I later served as Joint Secretary and Secretary.
- I was a member of the Committee for the publication of “Hlyat Sit Sar Saung”.
- Saya U Moe Aung (Tekkatho Moe War) was Chief Editor.
- Ko San Oo, Ma Than Yi and Ko Myo Myint were Associate Editors.
Lu Ye Chun
- I was selected as Lu Ye Chun to attend the Inlay Khaung Daing Camp in the Summer of 1965.
- Ko Sein Shwe, Ma Khin Than Myint Tin and Ko Zaw Min [Nawaday] were also selected as RIT LYC.
- Willie Soe Maung (Stroke), Kyaw Wynn (3), Hla Min (2), Maung Maung Kyi (Bow) and Myint Thein (Cox) were Senior Novices Runners-up in the Monsoon Regatta in 1963.
- We were awarded Full Green at the end of the season.
- I was elected as the Honorary Treasurer in the last ever General Election.
- I became Vice Captain the following year.
- Sad to say that I was denied to be Captain by the higher authorities who abolished the Bye Laws.
- I served as Contributing Editor for the 90th Anniversary Issue of RUBC Magazine in 2013.
I wrote the Prelude for each section.
I also wrote three articles.
My Beloved Spouse
- She is a caring mother to two sons, and and a grandmother to two lovely Myees.
- We celebrated our 48th Anniversary in June, 2021.
- My parents
- My spouse and I
- Elder son
- Some friends hosted lunch or dinner for our birthdays and wedding anniversaries.
- There are family-only gatherings as well.
Sons, nephews and nieces
Half Moon Bay
HMB Soon Kyway by U Sein Myint
Halloween Themed TM Meeting
Visit to Windsor, Canada
Visit to Connecticut
Visit to Sydney in 2006
Visit to Mexico
There are many other posts. They include
200+ Short talks
Categories: Hla Min