- Getting the RIT Sayas and Alumni get connected electronically and physically
Established “RIT Alumni International Newsletter” and ex-RIT web sites (with the help of U Khin Maung Zaw and U Wunna Ko Ko
- Paying back the Metta and Cetana of my mentors
Member of the Core Team that organized the First RIT Grand Reunion and Saya Pu Zaw Pwe in San Francisco, California, USA in October, 2000.
Helped with the subsequent SPZPs in Singapore and Myanmar.
- Compile Oral and Written History of my alma mater and some aspects of my motherland
Member of HMEE-2012 and HMEE-2018 projects led by Saya U Aung Hla Tun (Retired Associate Professor of Metallurgy, Former Chief Editor of RIT Annual Magazines, National Literary Award Winner).
Compiled the CD-Supplement for the HMEE-2012 Book with U Ohn Khine (M70)
- Sharing my memories with the Oldies and “Not so young”; sharing my knowledge and expertise with the younger generation (via multiple media and languages)
Established two web sites : LifeLongLearning140.wordpress.com and hlamin.com
Admin and Moderator of selected Facebook Groups
Broadcast 200+ Videos on selected Topics.
Let Oo Sayas
- Thanks to my beloved parents (“Let Oo Sayas”) for their unconditional love and support.
- My dad told us stories from the “University of Life” and shared his experience as a volunteer for social and religious work. His advice : “Anything that is worth doing should be done well.”
- My mom’s gentle exhortation: “Eyes have you and you see not. Ears have you and you hear not.”
- Thanks to my philanthropic ancestors, who donated in cash and kind for building and/or restoring pagodas, schools, hospitals, monasteries …
- They offered food (e.g Sa Tu Ditha offering), medicine (e.g for burns), stipend (e.g for bright but needy students) …
- I am simply following their footsteps by giving back to my beloved land, my mentors, my alma mater(s) …
- Thanks to my family members for supporting my volunteer work for several decades.
- Five decades for various organizations
- More than two decades for RIT-related projects
Contributors of “Poetic Art”
- Tekkatho Moe War
Saya U Moe Aung (EE63)
- Maung Sein Win (Padeegone)
Award Winning Author / Poet
- Okpo Maung Yin Maung
Saya U Aung Myaing (ChE72)
- Maung Nyunt Htay (Ah Htet Min Hla)
Saya U Nyunt Htay (Met73)
- Win Myint (M72)
U Win Myint
- Bagyee Myat Myo Myint
U Myo Myint (M73)
Sharing my discussions
- Saya U Htun Aung Kyaw (ChE67, SPHS61)
After retirement from RIT, saya moved to Thailand and USA.
In the early days, he posted the list of videos with the links.
Also commented on optimization of the talks.
- Dr. Myo Tint (my cousin)
Third in Burma in 1952 from TTC.
Past Captain and Gold of RUBC.
Retired Medical Superintendent, Workers’ General Hospital
- U Tin Aung Win (Oscar, M69, Sacred Heart63)
Gave me rides to the Golden Jubilee celebrations — Saya Pu Zaw Pwe in the morning and Reuinion Dinner in the evening — in 2019.
Both events were organized by U Aung Min (M69) and team.
- U Htun Aung (EP70) and spouse Daw Pwint Than (EP71, High school Luyechun in 1964 and 1965)
Gave me a dhamma book at SPZP-2016.
- Adam M Khan (U Mya Thein, EP76)
Rowed for RIT and played hockey for RIT.
- Saya Dr. Kyaw Tint (Physics, Author)
Past President of BADA
- U Maung Maung Latt
MP from Beelin Constituency in 1990 elections
President of BADA.
- U Bunney Soe
Supports webs (e.g SMART Media)
- Daw Khai Nyunt (UCC)
Daughter of Saya U Kaung Nyunt
Spends time developing software and supporting meditation centers (e.g TMC).
- U Aung Win (C84)
Core member of SPZPs in 2012 and 2016
Sponsor of “RIT Selected Cartoons
- Saya U Ye Sint
Taught Physics in Myanmar before moving to USA
Served as Vice President, Board of Director, Contributing Editor of “Dhammananda Newsletter” and “Paying Homage to Sayadaw U Silandabhivsmsa” book at TBSA.
Four of his books were published in Myanmar by “Seit Koo Cho Cho”.
- Eddie Shein (U Aung Kyaw Myint)
Matriculated from St. Paul’s High School (SPHS)
Graduated from Rangoon Institute of Technology (RIT) in 1970.
Hobbies include Palmistry and Astrology.
Invited us to the wedding reception of his daughter (specialist medical doctor in Australia). It was a mini-reunion of alumni from SPHS and RIT.
- U Maung Maung Thant (M74)
Younger brother of U Maung Maung Kyi (my classmate at SPHS and Leik Khone, my crew mate at RUBC and Best Man at my wedding).
Attended SPHS / No. 6 Botathaung
Graduated with Mechanical Engineering in 1974.
Rowed for Ye Gyaung Lu Nge in high school.
- U Win Latt
Authored WinHoro at UCC under my supervision.
Master in Computer Science.
Runs a software company named SysMagic.
Worked in Myanmar, Singapore and Thailand.
Hosted me during my first visit to Singapore.
- U Win Myint Aung
Writes kabyars with the pen name Win Myint (Myeik).
He and his spouse (daughter of Saya U Kyaw Sein (SPHS)) are ChE graduates.
- U Aung Thein is an alumnus of RIT.
- Yi Myint
- Yin Yin Hla
Admins and Moderators
of the following groups approved to post my discussions
- Sagar Pariye
Dr. Nyunt Wai (SPHS63, Fourth in Burma)
U Kyaw Myint, Dr. Aung Myin Bo
- Team Old School IT
U Kyaw Zeya
- YUBC Old Members
U Zeyar Linn
- Swel Daw Yeik
U Khin Maung Lwin
- Gangaw Taw Yar Pyie (RU Centennial)
Dr. Nyi Thet Lwin, U Aung Mon
- Friends of Sayar Khin Maung Oo
U Khin Maung Oo
- SF Bay Area Myanmar Community and Cultural Center
U Cho Oo
- Fun with Learning
Padamyar Winhtein, U Khin Maung Zaw
- 1964 – 1988 Luyechun
U Win Aung
The following provided feedback and suggestions
- My beloved spouse Dr. Daw Sein Yie wrote articles for Dhammanda Newsletter with the pen name “Neikban Zaw”.
- My cousin U Thaung Lwin (EC66, Past Captain and Gold of RUBC)
- My cousin niece Daw Aye Aye Khin (B. Com, CPA)
- My cousin niece Daw Win Mar Tun (retired sayama)
- Mudita Shwe Kyaung Sayadaw (U Nyanika, Author)
Gave me several of his books
Pen name : Nyan Oo Maung
- Saya U Aung Zaw (UCC, CSO, Author)
Gave me two of his books : “Bawa and Dhamma”, and “Cetana Thi Thar Kan”.
M.Sc. (Computer Science) at Southampton University, UK.
Taught CS at UCC, Assumption University in Bangkok and at a college in Sydney, Australia.
- U Aung Myint (UCC, SPHS64, Physics)
Transferred from RIT EE Lab to UCC Systems Division.
He was Maintenance Engineer and a victim of the 33 question survey following 8-8-88.
Taught Courses (e.g Programmable Logic Controllers).
He and his son took us to Tanyin / Syriac to visit the Yay Le Phaya and Thabawa Dhamma Yeik Tha.
Hobbies include Palmistry and Astrology. He wrote Bedin programs on the ICL 1902S computer at UCC.
- U Ngwe Soe (UCC, AGTI, Japanese Diploma, Physics) was among the youngest UCC employees.
Did sea faring briefly before working for projects around the world.
Showed us around Singapore.
He and his spouse Daw Nu Nu Yee hosted us for two nights at their home in Jahore, Malaysia.
Ma Nu is the sister of U Khin Maung Thwe (RIT69er, GBNF).
- U Hlaing Myint (UCC, CS)
Nephew of Saya Dr. San Tint (retired Professor of EC / Electronics, YTU).
Helped with the maintenance of my car in the early days at UCC.
Gave me rides in his newest car during my previous trip to Yangon.
He was an eligible bachelor for a long time.
He is now a proud father.
- Saya U Aung Myaing (ChE72, Poet)
Contributor and coordinator of “Poetic Art”.
Recorded several songs (including “Till the end of the world”).
His son gave him software for video editing.
He and his spouse Daw Gyn Yu (ChE72) hosted sayas and alumni visiting Bangkok (especially for medical checkup).
- Sayar Khin Maung Oo (PBRS, Master Mariner)
Taught in Myanmar and Malaysia. He and his spouse Daw Tin Tin Win provide volunteer service (e.g shopping, cooking) for Myanmar crew members (notably those who do not have visas to get off their ships at the Port of Houston, Texas).
- U Nayzaw Tun (PSA)
Gives courses on “Public Speaking”.
He is known as “Ko Nay”.
U Nay Myo Aung is known as “Saya Nay”.
- U Zin Phyo Paing (VP, PSA)
runs several schools and is Vice President of Myanmar Professional Speakers Association.
He and his spouse (medical doctor and author) joined the 2020 PSA Tour in January 2020.
They provided checkup and medicine for tour members.
- Dr. Kyaw Lin Oo
Classmate of my niece Dr. Khine Zin Oo at IM (1).
Retired medical doctor
Author and Entrepreneur.
He and his spouse Dr. Kyi Kyi Myo gave me a ride back from Mingalardon airport (at the end of the 2020 PSA Tour to Upper Myanmar).
- U Win Thein (Padamyar Winhtein)
First in his Mathematics Major class in 1966.
Post-graduate Diplomas : DAC and DS
Wrote for magazines and journals (pen name : Maung Nyo).
Moderator for “Youth Leadership (2021) and “Fun with Learning” FB Groups.
- U Sann Tun Ni (Las Vegas)
Owns a sushi business.
Worked for Heavy Industries, and as a Tourist Guide (for Japanese) before moving to USA.
Gawpaka at the Las Vegas monastery.
- Dr. Myint Tun (Henry Cho Tun, SPHS60)
Scored the highest marks in I.Sc(A) and I.Sc(B) Combined.
First in M.Sc. (Chem) : Distinctions and/or Credit (results announced by BBS)
He urged me to “Carry On”.
- Ma Nu Yi found my posts to be knowledgeable.
- Saya U Min Wun
As an early recipient of the “Twinning Program” between the Faculty of Engineering, Rangoon University and the prestigious universities in the UDA, he studied BS at MIT and MS at Cornell University.
Professor and Head of Civil Engineering at RIT
Member of the Myanmar Pyetkadein Ah Kyan Pay Ah Phwe.
Saya retired from Caltans at the tender age of 80 to have time for meditation.
He was interviewed by the newspaper and Internet TV in Southern California.
Saya wrote several articles for RIT Alumni International Newsletter.
- U Khin Maung Myint (M71)
Worked for Rotary Engineering (based in Thailand with assignments in Singapore and the Middle East).
Rowed for RIT.
Stays active by running and mountaineering.
SMART Group of Companies
- U Kyaw Kyaw Hlaing (KK) hosted me for the 2020 PSA tour.
M.Sc. in Physics
After working for Schlumberger in several countries, he founded the SMART Group of Companies.
Award winning author
Founding member and President of Myanmar Professional Speakers Association (PSA).
He introduced me to PSA members at his dinner meetings and gatherings.
Some PSA members gave me their books.
- SMART Media — part of the SMART Group of Companies — posted me twice :
first at the 5th Irrawaddy Literary Festival at Mandalay in November 2019 and my presentation on Learning (that was recorded during the PSA Tour to Upper Myanmar) in early 2020.
- To my family members for their unfailing support in my endeavors.
- To U Aye (M62, retired FAO Consultant, BIT and RU Volleyball Selected), Dr. Khin Maung U, Dr. Nyunt Wai, Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint, several sayas, colleagues, friends and literary lovers for contributing and/or reviewing my posts.
- Last but not the least thanks to my niece “Thamee Khine” Dr. Khine Zin Oo for her surprise gift: tripod with remote control.
Categories: Hla Min