Intermediate of Science
- Daw Po taught us in the last ever I.Sc(A) class at Leik Khone in 1963.
- I met her as a Staff Sayama at the Inlay Khaung Daing Luyechun Camp in the Summer of 1965.
- She retired as Professor.
- We joined 2nd BE in November 1964.
- We had to study nine subjects.
- We did not have to take Burmese.
RIT Burmese Department
- U Tein Kyi was head of the RIT Burmese Department.
- According to Ko Zaw Min Nawaday, the department conducted “Kya Ban SaGar” contest and literary talks.
- U Soe Myint succeeded as Head of Department.
- U Kyaw Hlaing later moved to US.
- He taught at the Burma Center in Northern Illinois and at summer schools (e.g University of Hawaii).
- He attended SPZP-2000.
- U Saw Tun succeeded as Head of Department.
- His pen name is Saw Lu.
- He and Saya U Moe Aung were active in RIT Ah Nu Pyinnya Ah Thin as advisors and Zat Saya.
- According to Ko Soe Aung, the Education Ministry placed a hold on performances, but were finally allowed for the Rangoon University Golden Jubilee Celebrations.
- RIT presented Swel Daw Yeik Ah Nyeint and Htee Yein.
Both were hits.
- U Saw Tun later moved to teach and do research at NIU (Northern Illinois University).
- Saya U Sein taught us Burmese in St. Paul’s High School.
Saya U Thet Lwin (Maung Ngwe Hlinne) was also a student of Saya Sein.
Dr. Soe Win (Saya’s son) stood First in Burma in the Matriculation examination in 1958, and retired as Rector of YUFL.
- Saya U Nyunt Maung, Saya U Nge, Saya U Pe Tin … also taught us Burmese at SPHS.
Categories: RIT Dept