U Tin Hla (EP69)
Passed away in 10th January, 2012.
Sad News from U Aung Min (M69)
- Ko Tin Hla (EP 69) passed away on 10th January 2012 of cancer spread over most of his organs, originally started on his lungs. He was suffering cancer and was operated four months ago.
- His funeral will be on the 12th January 2012 at Yae Wai 13.00 hr).
- He is the No. 59 on GBNF list.
- Ko Shwe, Myint Maung. Win Maung, Aung Gyi Shwe, Myint Thein Kabar, and I went and met his family yesterday.
- May I remind you to take care of your health.
Message from Ivan Lee (M69)
It is sad news. I was very close with him at the RIT second and third years. I named him Tommy, resident from Myoung-Mya. I met him at the Bassein college first year. He had a younger brother. When his father passed away in Rangoon, I remembered he and I seated together at the front, next to the driver of the funeral car at Rangoon Chinatown. At my RIT 69er welcome party in Yangon in Nov. 2006, that was the last time I saw him.
I am sending my deepest condolence to his family, and wish him be merry whatever he is going to be.
Again, it is an universal rule, we can keep going to lose one after another, will never ever to add any single one more into our network, regardless what, we must regard [and help] one another. And take care of our health, not others assistance, but ourselves desirability.
God bless all of our beloved classmates , alumni, respectful Sayas.
Message from U Aung Kyaw Pe (EP69)
Very sad to hear the demise of him.
Aung K P
Message from U Sein Myint (EP69)
Very sad to hear from Aung Min regarding Ko Tin Hla from Myoung mya.
He is very near to Myint Mg (Bu Gyi).
We were very near when doing this and that.
Kristian Lal also together with him.
Message from U Thein Swe (EP69)
Dear Ko A Min and all,
Well done! Thanks for your annual and, occasional reports [about the ’69er Health Care Fund]. Once a friend is forever the friend. The older we become the more we should recognize our classmates no matter whether alive or deceased, in high or low profile. Please extend my words of thanks to Ko Shwe, Moe Hein, Myo Nyunt, Myint Sein, Kyaw Zin, Myint Thein, etc for their activities regardless of old age.
There are some outstanding classmates of the year 2011 viz: Ivan Lee @ Khin Maung Oo (USA, Kyaukme, M), unnamed classmate from USA,. Nyunt Nyunt Wai (Tx, Germany).
Message from U Sein Tin (M69)
Dear Ko Aung Min and the rest,
Thank you for your annual report of Health Care Fund and activities. You are right. We are at the sun set time. We need both physical and mental support to each other. You have done well. I support you.
U Thein Han (E)
- Thein Han (E) : 18th May 2012
U Han Tun (M)
- Saya U Han Tun (M) passed away on September, 2012.
- Per his request, the body was donated to MC2.
Kyaw Sint (T70)
- Kyaw Sint (Edward Tai) (Tex 70, SPHS 63) is the beloved husband of Dolly Kamdar, father of Marlar and Noel, grandfather of three.
- He passed away on November 29, 2012 at 6:58 pm.
- He is the brother-in-law of Malcolm, Margaret (Tin Mg Lay [M 69]), Jannette, Ruby, and Pearl.
Khin Maung Toe (66 Intake)
- Nationally acclaimed vocalist
- Produced Thamudaya Kyaung 1 and 2
- Passed away in Singapore
U Aung Thu Yein (EC69)
Collegiate Scholarship Winners from SPHS in 1963
Aung Thu Yein (Brownie Way, SPHS63, EC69, GBNF) is the younger brother of Dr. Thet Htar Way (GBNF).
He read notes to his best friend Nyunt Wai (Victor), who fell sick before the Matriculation examination.
Nyunt Wai stood 4th in the Matriculation examination. Aung Thu Yein stood 13th. Both won the Collegiate Scholarships of K75 per month along with eight of their classmates.
He graduated with EC (Electrical Communications) degree in 1969.
He is seen third from right in the back row of the Group Photo taken in 2009 (30th Anniversary of Graduation).
He worked at MOC and Schlumberger.
Smoking and Drinking
- Before attending RIT, he was a non-smoker and a non-drinker.
- He claimed that he started smoking at RIT to warn off mosquitoes in the rest room of the hostel.
- He accompanied some of his hostel friends to celebrate with drinks after taking the mid-term and final examinations.
During one of my visits to Yangon in 2012, Zau Lai picked me up first and then Brownie.
Brownie jumped into the car without changing into new clothes and without locking his home and gate. He trusted people.
Due to his medical conditions, his doctor has advised him to stop smoking and drinking.
Seeing his long lost friends and with the persuasion of Duwa Zau Lai, Brownie found an excuse to take a drink “just one more time”.
The Monthly Breakfast Gathering at Royal Rose (Taw Win Hnin Si) had bad news. We learned that Aung Thu Yein had slipped and fell a his home. His son (a medical doctor) rushed him to the RGH Neurological Ward.
After the gathering, several of us visited the RGH Neurological Ward.
I spent a few days as a temporary monk at Kaba Aye Sun Lun Gu Kyaung with U Wara (Win Paing, ChE70) as my preceptor.
The 69ers learned about the demise of Aung Thu Yein, but they chose not to inform me and disrupt my meditation practice at the monastery.
Among the eleven EC69ers, Ko Kyaw Soe was the first to pass away.
Ko Aung Thu Yein became the second to pass away.
Ko Chit Tin became the third to pass away.
May they all rest in peace.
Categories: GBNF List