Naing Win (M70)
Passed away in Yangon in January, 2011. His spouse Polly Win (Polly Ba San) represented Burma in swimming. I met her at A Lo Daw Pyie Kyaung, Apache Junction, Arizona.
Kyaw Nyein (UCC)
Passed away in March 2011 because of heart failure. He was not feeling well and was going downstairs for the toilet when he collapsed. They took him to RGH and he passed away in the emergency room.
Yin Kyu (M/Ag67)
- Passed away on 26th April, 2011 at 8:45 am.
- Worked for Public Works (Construction Corporation) as superintending engineer and retired in 2006.
- Died of kidney failure, based on diabetes.
Chit Po Po (M69)
Win Boh (Robert, EC69) wrote :
- It is with my great sadness, to inform you that our close friend Ko Chit Po Po (M69, beloved husband of Dr. Daisy Saw) passed away at Asia-Taw Win Private Hospital YGN on 15 Jan 2011 Saturday early morning.
- I have phoned his brother-in-Law Stanley Saw (M71) in New Zealand to convey our 69ers’ condolence.
- His daughter Thiri Po in Sydney will be leaving soon to YGN for funeral.
- Kindly pass on this message to Ko Chit Po Po’s friends far and near.
Thein Swe (EP69) wrote :
- It is sad news. Ko Chit Po Po (M69, ex-irrigation, tall and smiling Yangonite) passed away.
- He and his brother (Dr ?) U Chit Ko Ko were close friends of my spouse’s brothers.
- Before he went back to Yangon he stayed in Cambodia, Malaysia and Thailand, etc. After he quit Irrigation Dept he ran an engineering (medium sized) company of Installation and Services for Air-cons and refrigerators, etc. in Lanmadaw Township.
- He was a friendly classmate.
- Unwillingly or in sadness we have to lose another friend.
Tin Myint (John, M69) wrote :
- It is a shock to me in hearing the sad news of Ko Chit Po Po, who was a very close friend, co-worker and also my lunch mate in the Irrigation Department at 81/2 mile workshop location.
- He and I and another classmate rode the same Mazda car to work and coming back from work everyday.
- He and I ate our lunch everyday.
- I still remember vividly that during lunch time, after opened his lunch box and discovered fried shrimps, he would offered me his jumbo shrimps and skipped his lunch.
- I enjoyed shrimps while he had no interest in shrimps.
- He and I usually had one e-mail/year with exception of having two e-mails the most.
- This year I received his e-mail once and I tried to have more e-mails and more info from him.
- Now I received this sad news.
Aung Thu Yein (EC69) wrote :
Our Colleague/Comrade/Friend – Chit Po Po,
- We will miss you.
- Just talking about you a few days ago.
- Why so fast?
- Why so sudden !!!
True Friends – Their Top 10 Characteristics (By Martin Sawdon)
- When you forget the song in your heart, a friend is someone who sings it back to you. (Helen Steiner)
- A friend’s support is unconditional: when the going gets tough a friend is right there beside you.
- A friend has seen you at your worst and loves you even so.
- A friend is someone with whom you can share secrets in confidence.
- You can phone a friend for help even in the middle of the night.
- A friend is honest with you, deflates your ego and inflates your Self.
- A friend shares your sense of humor, provides nourishment and inspiration for the mind.
- A friend is drawn to you not for what you are but who you are.
- When you share your wildest dreams, a friend is someone who replies, quote, How can I help? unquote.
- Thinking about Needs and Values, once you have recognized those Needs which,satisfied, enable you to be the best person you possibly can be, a friend will help you get them met.
Sein Tin (“Omega”, Pathein, M 69) wrote :
- We are feeling very sorry like you.
- Our ages are at the sunset.
- So take care of our health first and last.
Ivan Lee (Khin Maung Oo, M 69) wrote :
Dr. Daisy Saw and family:
- Please accept my deepest sympathy and heartfelt condolences to you and your family.
- We will remember him forever.
Yi Yi Khaing (Vilma, ChE69) wrote :
- I have a photo, which was taken at our gathering on 17 March 2010 by 69ers for KCPP’s visit to Singapore.
- We were all very happy to meet him then!!
Editor’s Notes :
- Ko Chit Po Po is an expert at playing Burmese Harp.
- I met Zeyar Po, Ko CPP’s son, in Sydney in 2006 along with his maternal uncle Ko Stanley Saw.
- Ko Chit Po Po represented RIT in rowing along with Ko Aung Lwin (Jasper Wu, Canada), Ko Aung Tun Oo (Dennis Smithers, Australia), Ko Wunna Sithu (US) and me.
Categories: GBNF List