by U Khin Zaw
U Khin Zaw served as
- Chief Librarian of Rangoon University and was succeeded by Saya U Thein Han (Zawgyi).
- Founder-Director of BBS (Burma Broadcasting Service) and was succeeded by U Pe Thaw (father of Saya Dr. Zin Aung (Physics)).
- He is known as BBS U Khin Zaw and as “K” (writer and translator).
- He wrote “Burma in My Life-Time”.
- Unlike other countries which provide “Grand Father Clause” for changes, the Myanmar authorities would not allow books with “Burma” in their titles to be reprinted without changing Burma to Myanmar.
- So, the book written by U Khin Zaw (“K”) had to be reprinted as “Myanmar in My Life-Time”.
- Maurice Collis’s book was forced to be renamed “Trials in Myanmar”.
- U Wint Khin Zaw (A79), Saya’s son, is an avid golfer. He provided access to his golf club building for the Alumni Gathering in Sydney, Australia in 2006. Saya U Hla Myint (Charlie, M65) and Saya U Myo Win (Melvin, M/Ag65) were the co-chairs of that gathering.
- U Wint Khin Zaw posted the book via air. Thanks.