- Synonyms are words which have almost the same meaning for the given context.
- Since some words have multiple meanings, one must specify the meaning associated with a synonym.
- Dictionary, Thesaurus, Lexicon and Vocabulary are synonyms. Their usage depends on the context.
- In general, Lexicon is a body of knowledge (or dictionary) of Latin and Greek.
- At one time, Lexicon is a card game where players create words and score points. It was superseded by Scrabble.
- Antonyms are words which have almost the opposite meaning for the given context.
- Since some words have multiple meanings, one must be careful of the meaning associated with an antonym.
- For example, Love and Hate are antonyms.
- In Pali, the antonyms of Lobha (Greed), Dosa (Anger or Hatred) and Moha (Ignorance of Delusion) are Alobha (Non-greed), Adosa (Non-hatred) and Amoha (Non-ignorance or Wisdom).
Categories: Start with P to T