The Chief Librarians for Rangoon Universities’ Central Library (RUCL) include BBS U Khin Zaw (“K”), U Thein Han (Zawgyi) and U Thaw Kaung.
U Khin Zaw
- Pen name : K
- Burma in my Time
- Father of U Wint Khin Zaw (A79, Australia)
- First director of “Myanmar Ah Than” (Burma Broadcasting Service).
U Thein Han
- Pen name : Zawgyi
- Laureate Poet
- Co-founded the “Khit San Sar Pay” with Minthuwun and Theikpan Maung Wa
- Mentor : Sayagyi U Pe Maung Tin
U Thaw Kaung
- Son of Sithu U Kaung
- Advisor / member of several Foundations and Award Committees
- He and Saya U Ba Than (M) were the early supporters of the HMEE (History of Myanmar Engineering Education) project.
- He provided access to the library archives for Saya U Soe Paing (EE, UCC) and his team to compile an early draft for the HMEE-2012 book.
- U Than Lwin (Eric Lwin, Economics, GBNF) was an adjunct Librarian of the Social Science Library in the 1960s
- Daw Myint Myint Khin (Hazel Kyar, GBNF) was Assistant Librarian at the Social Science Library before she transferred to the Rangoon Institute of Technology (RIT) as Librarian.
- U Tun Aung (GBNF) was Librarian of IM (2).
- Daw Khin Khin Htwe (Flora San Pe) retired as Librarian from the Library of Congress.
- Daw May Kyi Win (GBNF) served as Librarian in charge of the Burmese Section of the Asian Collection at NIU (Northern Illinois University)
- Brother Austin was our Class Teacher and English Teacher at SPHS. He also managed the SPHS Library (which received books from Ford Foundation and Asian Foundation).
- Daw Rita Tin Aung was in charge of the USIS Library. During our UCC days, she would order Computer magazines and selected books. We could request Xerox copies of selected publications.
Categories: Start with K to O