- Boundary may stand for a dividing line.
- In Mathematics, we learned about Interior points, Exterior points and Boundary points.
- Boundary Road supposedly marked the limit of the “old” Rangoon.
- PPBRS (Private Primary Boundary Road School) was founded by Daw Tin Tin Aye.
- Daw Khin Khin Aye (Teacher Ah Mar) is the younger sister of Daw Tin Tin Aye.
She succeeded her sister as the Principal.
PPBRS expanded into Middle School and ultimately High School.
One motivation was to keep her eldest son Thane Myint in her school until Matriculation.
PPBRS became PBRS (Private Boundary Road School).
During our days, children started with Infant (C) and then progressed to Infant (B) and Infant (A). Some schools would call them LKG (Lower KG), MKG (Middle KG) and UKG (Upper KG).
The list is not exhaustive
- Tin Maung Thant (Ah Pho Gyi)
Father : U Thant (United Nations Secretary General)
- Francis Ohn Maung
Father : ICS U Ohn Maung (Arzani)
- Dr. Flora Aye
Medical doctor who worked in Brunei and moved to the USA)
Sister : Shirley Aye
- Peggy Mya Maung
- Dr. Winnie Mya Maung (Win Mar)
Academy for her role in “Pho Pyone Cho”
- Ted Mya Maung (Toe Nyunt, “Shwe Gaung Byaung”)
- Rosebelle Mya Maung (Academy Sandar, Sar Oo)
- Margie Bu (Daw Aung Si, Production Manager)
- Stanley Bu (A1 Than Htut, Director)
- Freddie Bu (A1 Thein Htut, Actor, Director)
- Bobby Bu (Aung Myint, Thamankyar Ko Myint, Min70, Actor, Vocalist)
- Than Win (T70, script writer for Thamankyar)
- Robert Gale (Khin Maung Oo, EC66)
- Dolly Gale
- Sonny Gale
- Freddy Maung
- Sonny Maung
- San Aung (Sydney Tin)
- Mya Aung (Peter Tin)
- Than Aung
- May Aung (Pauk Phaw)
- Bonzo Kun Lone
- Bonnie Kun Lone
- Ruby Kun Lone
- Pearl Kun Lone
- Walter Penfold
- Billy Tun
- Lyn Maung Thet
- Nay Win (M69, GBNF)
- Han Tun (SPHS, DSA)
- Dr. Elizabeth Kyaw Tun (Ph.D. in English)
Father : U Kyaw Tun (RIT EE)
- Khin Maung Oo
Master Mariner and Saya of many seafarers
- Saw Oo
- Kyi Kyi Tin
- Tin Tin Aye
- Thane Myint
- Kyaw Thein
- Moe Moe
- Nyan Lin
- Htay Htay
- Win Tin
- Kenneth San
- Margaret San
- Jerry Tan
- Veronica King
- Myint Kyi
- Nyunt Tin
- May Win Kyi
- Myint Sein
Micro-SPZP at Boundary School
- I did not like to go to school.
- That all changed when Teacher Kywe (Infant (B) Teacher at PPBRS) transformed me into a life long learner.
- My mother would ask me to pay respect to Teacher Kywe (Karen Christian) annually until she retired.
- It was my micro-SPZP.
- It would be the beginning of many SPZPs.
- The term Saya Pu Zaw Pwe (SPZP) allows non-Buddhists to pay back the Metta and Cetana of their teachers.
It is preferred to Saya Ga Dawt Pwe.
- I moved to St. Paul’s High School (SPHS).
My elder brother was studying for Matriculation at SPHS.
- Grapevine says that SPHS prefers students to join from KG.
Transfer students were “tested” for some time by placing them in Section D.
- After finishing in the top Two for five years, I was moved to Section A.
My class teachers at SPHS were
- IV D : Mrs. A Benjamin
- V D: Mrs. Violet Boudville
- VI D: Saya U Pe Maung Tin
- VII D: Saya Nge
- VIII A: Brother Anthony
- IX A: Brother Xavier
- X A: Brother Austin
Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint wrote :
I also joined at IVD, moving from St Philomena’ boy school (across the road from Convent). Like you wrote you start with D, then worked your way up to A. Our class teacher was Mrs Benjamin, who had to teach newcomers and plodders from earlier SPHS classes. Once when she was upset with us she shouted “Do you all know that IV D is the waste basket of St Paul’s?“. Nice to know that you were in IV D like me at the start.