Bala means Strength or Prowess.
There are five kinds of Bala.
- Kaya Bala : Physical Strength
In our younger days, there were Kaya Bala Ah Thinn for developing Physical Strength. Some instructors have their names prefixed with “Kaya Bala”.
- Nyana Bala : Mental Strength
- Bawga Bala : Economic Prowess.
In our quarters, there used to be an Oil Mill (Vendor) named “Bawga Bala”.
- Meikta Bala : Skill for making friends
U Nu’s translation of “How to win friends and influence people” was named “Meikta Bala Tika”. It’s earlier title was “Lu Paw Lu Zaw Loke Nee” (which did not seem diplomatic).
- Caritta Bala : Moral Courage
Perform Wholesome deeds
Avoid Unwholesome deeds
Categories: Start with A to E