In Latin, there are four terms to specify students.
- alumnus means “male student”
- almuna means “female student”
- alumni means “male students”
- alumnae means “female students”
Alumni (Modern usage)
- In modern usage, the term “alumni” applies to both male and female students.
- It refers to former students (not necessarily graduates) of a school, college or university.
- It may also refer to former employees of a company or corporation.
Most Universities have
- Alumni Associations
- Office of Alumni Relations
RIT Alumni International
- RIT Alumni International was formed in 1999 with the primary objective of planning and implementing the First RIT Grand Reunion and SPZP (Saya Pu Zaw Pwe).
- Saya Allen Htay (C58, GBNF) served as the President.
- The RIT Alumni International Newsletter was published in April, 1999.
- The Newsletter was posted on the two RIT web sites, Facebook groups and Google group.
RIT Alumni International Newsletter
The Newsletter and Updates cover
- the good and sad news of sayas, sayamas and alumni
- micro-gatherings, mini-gatherings, gatherings (by class and/or discipline), world wide Reunions and SPZPs
Northern California RIT Alumni Association
- Northern California RIT Alumni Association was formed seven years ago as a continuation of the San Francisco Bay Area Alumni Group and RIT Alumni International.
- Saya U Maung Maung (George, ChE66) served as the first President. His successors include U Kaung Kaung Oo (Gordon, M83) and U Aung Myint Oo (EC84).
- Stan Liou (M67, Table Tennis) served as the first Chair of BOD (Board of Directors). His successor is Saya U Myat Htoo (C68).
- U Thaung Nyunt (M87), U Myint Swe (EP74) and U Tin Maung Win (C86) served as Secretary for the different terms.
- NorCal RITAA provides scholarship for the children of alumni in the USA.
- NorCal RITAA works closely with RITAA in Yangon to provide scholarship for eligible YTU students.
- NorCal RITAA facilitated to raise funds for the YTU Library Modernization Project. It donated $3000 for the training of Library Staff. It also provided the first installment of $6650 for the sign board and general fund.
- Daw Mu Mu Kin has donated Saya Allen Htay’s books to YTU Library. In memory of Saya Allen, she also provided scholarships to YTU students.
RIT-YIT-YTU Alumni Association
- RITAA is a short name for RIT-YIT-YTU Alumni Association.
WHO often refers to it as ARITA.
- U Tin Latt (M85) served as the first President. He is succeeded by U Myo Aye.
- It has helped with the fund raising for the YTU Library Modernization Project.
Categories: Start with A to E