- Admitted to RIT in 1966 along with Ko Wynn Htain Oo (M72).
- Passion for music overpowered his passion for studies.
Left RIT before graduation.
- Became an outstanding musician.
- Never forgot his alma mater and his friends.
- Decided to pay back by recording “Thamudaya Kyaung” based on the poem by Maung Sein Win (Padeegone).
- In early 2012, he decided to record a sequel to “Thamudaya Kyaung”. Young belles volunteered to take part in the DVD.
- Offered to do a live presentation at the Reunion and Acariya Puzaw Pwe of M72 in December 2012.
- His health worsened.
From the hospital in Singapore, he expressed his desire to see the “Thamudaya Kyaung 2” DVD.
His friends in Myanmar complied and sent a DVD by express.
- We were glad to know that he offered dana to the Sayadaws and listened to the Suttas and Dhamma talks in his final days.
- M72 offered to take care of his final journey.
- I was a Guest at the M72 gathering in December 2012. It was somber. Maung Sein Win (Padeegone) was overwhelmed with sorrow, and left the gathering without reciting his “Thamudaya Kyaung” poem. The attendees received the “Thamudaya Kyaung” DVD.
- The following are some memories of Ko Khin Maung Toe by his beloved friends.
Message from Saya U Kyaw Sein (M65)
*** To all RIT Alumni Far and near ***
Ko Khin Maung Toe passed away in Singapore this morning (November 14, 2012).
May his soul rest in peace.
Message from Ko Wynn Htain Oo
Attention all Mech 72
Please be informed that our dearest friend Khin Mg Toe’s funeral service will be held in Singapore at 3.45 pm local time.
We, closest friends of Khin Mg Toe, have requested his family to allow us to pay the funeral cost on behalf of Mech72.
All Mech 72 in Singapore do all needful things to help his bereaved family.
RIT Alumni International Newsletter
We are deeply saddened to learn that Ko Khin Maung Toe did not live long enough to attend and entertain at M72 Reunion and SPZP-2012. He was an icon for the music world. Several sayas and remember love his songs. M72 is known for the unity and strength and the passion for the alma mater.
“Thamudaya Kyaung” (original and sequel) were written by the famed poet Maung Sein Wi (Padeegone). The musical rendition was provided by Ko Khin Maung Toe with the accompaniment of Ko Ye Lwin and Myizzima Hlynne. Miss International and her friends volunteered to take part in the DVD. U Wynn Htain Oo posted a teaser — trailer for the DVD — on the RIT Alumni Facebook Pages and also on You Tube.
Second Anniversary of Ko KMT’s demise
Ko Khin Maung Toe passed away in Singapore in 2012.
The newspaper clipping is for the 2nd anniversary of Ko Khin Maung Toe’s demise by his friends (mainly from the M72 Group).
- Sein Win (Poet, Author) : Maung Sein Win (Padeegone)
- Wynn Htain Oo
- Maung Maung Oo
- Win Myint
- Than Soe (a) Kyone Seint
- Mya Bu
- Victor Aung Myin
- M. K. Hla Win
- Han Sein
- Soe Myint (Beik/Mergui)
- Aye Thin
- Myint Pe
- Tha Tun
- Myo Oo
- Nay Tun
- Thein Tun
Book honoring the memory of Ko KMT
- Maung Sein Win (Padeegone),
- Ko Tin Aye Kyu
- Win Min Htwe
- Tin Wai (Tar Tone)
- Ko Myint Pe (M72)
- Ko Wynn Htain Oo (M72)
- Ko Win Myint (M72)
- Maung Taing Pin
- and several others wrote articles of Ko Khin Maung Toe.
Thamudaya Kyaung 1 and 2
In 2018, Ko Khin Maung Toe (GBNF) recorded the sequel of “Thamudaya Kyaung” and promised to perform in person at the M72 Reunion and Acariya Pu Zwe Pwe.
Maung Sein Win (Padeegone) is a nationally acclaimed writer and Laureate Poet. His lyrics were set to tune by Ko Khin Maung Toe and his musician friends (including Ko Ye Lwin of Mizzama Hlinne). Lovely Belles volunteered to take part in the filming of “Thamudaya Kyaung (Parts One and Two)”.
Sad news came in that Ko Khin Maung Toe was hospitalized in Singapore. One News Agency unethically rushed to pronounce him dead. No block selected.
Categories: Class of 7X