- Served as Secretary of the RIT Civil Engineering Association
- Publisher of the MES Technical Digest
- Chair of the SPZP-2012 Preparation/Implementation Committee with four (or more) subcommittees
- Chief Editor of the Commemorative Issue of “Swel Daw Yeik Magazine” for SPZP-2012
- Publisher of limited reprints of the 23 (or so) RIT Annual Magazines
- Founder and moderator of “bitritalumni” Facebook Page.
- During my first of two visits to Yangon in 2012, he hosted a welcome dinner at Feel restaurant.
His son-in-law gave us a ride.
Gave me an autographed copy of “Selected Cartoons from RIT Magazines and Set Hmu Thadinzin”.
Told me that a commemorative issue will be published by four (or more) generations of famous “RIT Cartoon Box” cartoonists (some who made to national and international fame).
- He gave me another ride to attend the SPZP-2012 Preparation Meeting.
- He would later post via air mail some MES Technical Digests.
- Despite having medical problems and a number visits to ICU, he gave 100% for the success of RIT-related projects in general, and SPZP-2012 in particular.
- Sad to learn that he passed away. Glad to know that his works live on.
Sample Post by U Saw Lin
Chief Editor and Publisher of the commemorative SWEL DAW YEIK MAGAZINE
ဆရာပူေဇာ္ပြဲႏွင္႔ေတြ႔ဆံုပဲြ၊ ၂၀၁၂-ရန္ကုန္ကို ဂုဏ္ျပဳထုတ္ေ၀သည္႔
စြယ္ေတာ္ရိပ္မဂၢဇင္းအား မဖတ္လိုက္ မရလိုက္ရွိၾကမည္႔ စကၤာပူေရာက္
ေက်ာင္းသားေက်ာင္းသူ ေဟာင္းမ်ားအတြက္ ရည္ရြယ္လွ်က္ စာအုပ္အခိ္်ဳ႔
ကိုတကူးတကသယ္ယူလာၿပီး၊ #02-14 Peninsula Plaza (ျမသရဖူ)
တြင္ တစ္အုပ္ S$4.0 ျဖင္႔ေရာင္းခ်ေပးေနပါေၾကာင္းသတင္းေကာင္းပါးပါသည္။
U Saw Lin’s daughter graciously complied his father’s request to carry as much as possible out of the 90 remaining magazines.
45 were air lifted to Singapore.
Saya U Moe Aung said that even carrying back 5 was not easy.
Categories: GBNF Alum