- Sayama Julie Han was among the pioneer female engineering students in Burma/Myanmar.
- Her contemporaries include Sayama Daw Tin Tin Ohn (Amy Thwin, T61, GBNF), Daw Yin Yin Kyi (T61), Ms. Pauline Reynolds (ChE61), and Daw Khin Than Nwe (Magaret Than Maung, T62).
- She served as the Vice President of Theravada Buddhist Association of America (TBSA) and headed the fund raising for the Dhammananda Vihara (then based in Daly City, Northern California).
- She passed away several years ago.
Saya U Htin Paw (EE 58, Past President of TBSA, GBNF) donated to the new Dhammananda Vihara in Half Moon Bay in her memory.
- She attended SPZP-2000.
At that time, she stayed with her sister Daw Polly Han.
She wrote the following for SPZP-2000.
Sayama Julie Han
- Here is a brief description of my years after leaving RIT.
- I spent 6 years at Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina, getting a M.S. degree in Textile Chemistry and Ph. D. in Materials Science.
- The companies that I worked for in chronological order are:
Burlington Industries, CIBA-GEIGY, Sears Roebuck, Levi-Strauss, Raychem Corp, Tacan Corp, Johnson Matthey Inc, Xytronyx Corporation.
- At present I am working as a sales manager for an optoelectronic company IPITEK, which is a division of Tacan Corp.
- Since 1980 I left the field of textile engineering and have been working in opto-electronic field.
Look forward to seeing you at the Reunion.
Categories: GBNF Saya