- Oak is a tree.
“Tie a yellow ribbon round an old oak tree” is from an Oldie song.
- Dr. Oak Soe Kha (Alvin, MEHS70)
High School Luyechun
Named an Honorary Paulian by his friends.
Father : Sayagyi Dr. Maung Maung Kha
Mother : Teacher Ruby Kha
- Oakland (City in the USA)
- Thousand Oaks (City in USA)
- “San Shay” U Ohn (Advisor to U Nu)
- [Per Dr. Nyunt Wai] : MA Daw Ohn (Master of Arts)
- U Ohn Gyaw (Minister of Foreign Affairs of SLORC government)
- Accordion Ohn Gyaw (Musician, actor)
Co-founded the “Stereo Kit” with Tekkatho Tun Naung.
- U Ohn Hlaing (Elmo, EC64, RUBC, GBNF)
Rangoon Division Engineer of PTC.
Rowed for the Faulty of Engineering, University of Rangoon.
- U Ohn Khin (Singapore)
Editor of Swel Daw Yeik Sar Saung for SPZP-2007
- U Ohn Khin (Chief Editor of “Bama Khit” and “Mogyoe” newspapers)
- U Ohn Khine (M70, St. Peter’s, HIC)
Moderator of Google Group for “Combined 1st BE Intake of 64 and 65”
Organizer for SPZPs, his Group’s Acariya Pu Zaw Pwe
Member of HMEE-2012 Project. Translated Section One. Summarized Section Two of the HMEE-2012 Book. We compiled the supplement CD for the HMEE-2012 book.
Member of the HMEE-2018 Project
During my visits to Yangon, he gave me rides to the SPZP and HMEE meetings and some gatherings.
- U Ohn Kyaw (Minister, BSPP government)
- U Ohn Kyaw (Met and Hydro Department)
- Bogyi Ohn Kyaw Myint (PSO of Bogyoke Kyaw Htin)
Convicted of treason in the BSPP era and was hanged.
- [Per Dr, Nyunt Wai} : U Ohn Lwin – artist, magazine illustrator, contemporary of Ko Lay, San Lwin, Myat Kyaw
- U Ohn Maung (Mehm Aye Chan, M69, Saya)
Taught at RIT with U Aung Myint (M69) and U Khin Maung Tin (M69).
After serving as Engineer at sea, he set up his company.
- U Ohn Maung (Anthony Sein, SPHS62, ChE68, Saya)
Taught at RIT
Has some medical problems.
Swel Daw Yeik Foundation provided annual financial support of K4+ Lakhs.
- ICS U Ohn Maung (Arzani)
Passed away on July 19, 1947.
[Per U Tin Ohn]: The Cabinet meeting ended a bit early, so Boygoke asked him to tell U Ohn Maung to discuss his report.
Sons : U Tin Maung Thein (EE62, Saya), Francis Ohn Maung (PPBRS), Dr. Min Min (IC, Saya)
- London Art U Ohn Maung (Pioneer in Burmese movies)
- Lay Htee U Ohn Maung (Historical figure)
- “Kyar Zan” Ohn Maung (Actor)
- [Per Dr. Nyunt Wai} : U Ohn Maung (Psychiatrist, writer)
- Dr. Ohn Myint (C64, Saya)
Worked for World Bank
- U Ohn Myint (BCom, BADA)
Classmates : Uzin U Chan Min, U Kun Pe, U Kyi Khin
They volunteer for accounting and audit at selected non-profit organizations.
- Ahtout-taw (reporter) U Ohn Myint (Journalist)
- U Ohn Pe (Tet Toe)
Compiler of Tet-Toe English-Burmese Dictionary
Director of News Agency Burma (NAB)
Spouse : Daw Yin Nu (Nu Yin)
- U Ohn Shein (Burma selected in Volleyball)
- Ohn Thee (Nickname)
- U Ohn Thwin (“Ohn Thee”, GBNF)
Worked for Pearl and Fisheries
Attended Veda courses at BARB
- U Ohn Thwin (Burma selected in swimming)
- [Per Dr. Nyunt Wai] Chaung sone Ohn Thwin (Writer)
- U Ohn Tin (Battery)
- U Ohn Tin (Burma Weightlifting Association)
- U Ohn Win (Raymond, M75)
Sisters : Joyce Win, Hilda Win
- Bohmu Maung Ohn (Deputy Minister)
- Oke means “govern”, “manage”, “rule” or “cover”.
- U Ba Oke (EE69) owns and operates his business.
- [Per Dr. TOKM] : La Min Oke
- Myo Oke is an official in charge of a town or a city.
- [Per Dr. TOKM] ; Nay Min Oke
- [Per Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint] : “In Medical school, a student changed his name to Nay Min Oke. I was told that his two younger brothers also changed their names as La Min Oke and Setkya Walla Oke”.
- U Nay Oke Tint
Parents : ICS U Ba Tint, Daw Khin Saw Mu
Wrote film reviews with the name Nay Oke (St. Paul’s)
Successful Tuition saya
Sister : Daw Khin Saw Tint (Anne, RIT English, Bilingual writer)
- Say Yone Oke is a Medical Superintendent.
- [Per Dr. TOKM] : Setkya Walla Oke
- Dr. Taing Oke (ChE69, Saya)
Taught at RIT and Japan
Won the National Literary Award and the Sarpay Beikman Sar Mu Su (Manuscript Award)
Playwright (Zat Saya).
- Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint (SPHS60)
- Yone Oke is an Office Superintendent.
Categories: Names : K to O