Daw Khin Khin Aye taught us Chemistry in I.Sc (A) class at Leik Khone in 1963.
Rangoon Institute of Technology
We joined 2nd BE at RIT in November 1964. We had to take nine subjects including Chemistry.
U Kyaw Tun was an early saya who taught Chemistry (e.g Paper Chemistry) at the Chemical Engineering Department. When RIT Chemistry was opened, Saya helped manage it.
Daw Thaung Khin taught us in 2nd BE. She left for Canada on a scholarship to pursue Doctorate.
Some Sayas and Sayamas
- Daw Than Than (Spouse of U Kyaw Tun, GBNF)
- Daw Win Win (later Professor at Magwe)
- Daw May Chit
- Daw Amar Sein
- U Maurice Kyaw Zaw
- U Pike Htwe
- U Khin Maung Nyo (later Ph. D & author)
Saya Cecil D’Cruz (GBNF) taught us Chemistry at St. Paul’s High School.
Brother Joseph (later Father Joseph, GBNF) showed some Chemistry experiments in the school laboratory.
Early native Professors at RU
- U Po Tha (Uncle of Mech Professor U Aung Khin)
- U Aung Khin (Passed away in Malaysia)
- Dr. Ko Ko Gyi
Senior Sayas & Sayamas
- U Khin Maung Myint & Daw Than Than (Passed away in US)
- Dr. Mehm Thet San (Minister)
- Dr. Mehm Tin Mon (Bilingual author)
- Dr. Ohn Gyaw
- Dr. Than Than Nyein
- U Nyunt Win & Dr. Khin Mar Tun
- U Yu Htay
- Dr. Soe Win & Daw May Saw Lwin
- Dr. Tin Win (David, GBNF)
- Dr. Myint Tun (Henry)
- Dr. U Aung Myint
- Dr. U Aung
- Dr. Tin Win (Alan)
- Dr. Myint Oo