Saya of our Sayas
- Sayagyi is an early saya of Electrical Engineers.
- He is a saya of our sayas.
- His students include Saya U Sein Hlaing and Saya U Tin Swe.
- Sayagyi requested Saya C Ping Lee to join the EE department.
- HE U Than Aung asked Saya CPL —- his former student at SPHS —- to head the Technical and Vocational Training Directorate and to improve curriculum (e.g GTI).
- Sayagyi served as President of the RIT Electrical Engineering Association and as Patron of the Hlyat Sit Sar Saung Committee.
- Sayagyi taught “Principles of EE” to non-engineering students.
Other sayas who later taught the course include Saya U Myo Kyi and Saya U Moe Aung.
- Sayagyi told (perhaps jokingly) a class that the suitors of his lovely daughters must be doctors (medical or Ph.D).
The anecdote was recounted by “Doctor” Tin Aung Win (spouse of Dorothy).
Sayagyi’s elder daughter Elizabeth has a Doctorate in English.
- According to Dr. TAW, Sayagyi visited Australia (after retirement).
- Sayagyi passed away peacefully in Yangon.
- Sayagadaw passed away during our RIT days.
We attended her memorial service at Sayagyi’s home.
- Dr. Win Aung (M62) : son of Saya CPL
- Alphonso (Saya U Aung) & Charlie (U Cho) : sons of U Than Aung