HMEE-2012 (History of Myanmar Engineering Education) covers a list of early Engineering graduates.
U Hla Maung (from the second batch) wrote about his experiences in the Rangoon University Golden Jubilee Magazine in 1970. Excerpts of his article appear in the HMEE magazine.
RU was established in December 1920. In response to the Boycott of the RU Act, RU decided to extend the offerings.
- The plan to offer Engineering was implemented in 1923.
- The initial classes were opened in 1924.
- Two groups were admitted.
- The first group consists of B.Sc graduates (to attend a “compressed” 3-year Engineering course).
- The second group consists of eligible students who has passed I.Sc (to attend the “regular” 4-year course).
- Note that the first group graduated only a few months ahead of the second group.
According to Saya Bilal Raschid (A), his cousin uncle was an early graduate.
RU Centennial FB pages has photos of two certificates (I.Sc and B.Sc. Engg) of U Kyaw Sein (former Chief Engineer of Housing Board). He was an early graduate. His son-in-law Dr. Myint Han (SPHS 59) taught part time at Chemical Engineering Department at RIT.
Hope relatives of the early alumni can provide details.