- My poem “Phaung daw-u Festival” was published in the Thadinkyut Supplement of the Working People’s Daily (WPD).
- I received Fifteen Kyats for the poem.
- U Ko Lay was the Chief Editor of WPD.
- Daw Khin Swe Hla was Assistant Editor of WPD.
- My first visit was as Luyechun to the Inlay Khaung Daing Camp in the summer of 1965.
- Ko Sein Shwe, Ko Zaw Min and Ma Khin Than Myint Tin were the other RIT Luyechuns.
- See related posts on “Luyechun”.
- My second visit was as a guest of Peter Pe (Aung Kyaw, SPHS) in October, 1965.
- Maung Maung Aye decided to join us.
- We were greeted at Nyang Shwe by Thar Oo (Shan Pyay).
- We stayed for a week in Inn Paw Khone in Inlay Lake.
- Peter’s cousins (including a medical doctor) hosted us.
- We attended the Phaung Daw-u Festival.
- We then visited Taunggyi to see Peter’s uncle U Maung Maung Latt (Ah Matt Choke of Nyaung Shwe Sawbwa).
- We attended the Mee Bone Byan Pwe.
- My third visit was in the mid 2010’s via a Tour Company which arranged a Tour Guide, and car, a private boat and a night stay at a hotel in the Lake.
- The photo shows a rainbow in the background.
- We were sad to see the declining state of Inlay (e.g. water level).
- We spent some time in Taunggyi and the nearby cave in Ho Pone.
- My fourth visit was in January 2020 as the last leg of a one week PSA (Professional Speakers Association) 2020 Tour.
- We stayed at a hotel near Inlay Lake.
- Two PSA members gave a short course to the hotel employees.
- Some went for the Hot Air Balloon ride. Some opted for a boat ride in the Inlay Lake.