- Served as Volunteer for various organizations (Professional, Social, Religious, Sports, Alumni) for five decades
ACM (SF Bay Area Chapter Volunteer)
BAPS Newsletter (Contributing Editor)
BARB / MARB (Guest Lecturer)
NFLC Burmese Language Project (Language Expert)
Computer History Museum (Docent)
Curriculum Development (High School Mathematics)
Dhammananda Newsletter (Contributing Editor)
Editor (for Books by friends and sayadaws)
NorCal RITAA (Founding member, BOD)
RIT Alumni International (Founding member, Chief Editor)
RIT EE Association (Secretary, Joint Secretary, Magazine Committee)
RUBC (Vice Captain, Treasurer)
TBSA (Vice President, BOD, Emcee for Sayadaw U Silananda’s Memorial Service)
TMC (Interpreter for Dhamma Talks)
Toastmasters International (Distinguished Toastmaster)
UCC (Lecture Guides and Manuals)
- Completed 22 years as Chief Editor of “RIT Alumni International Newsletter“
Posted thousands or email newsletters and/or blogs.
- Helped organize World Wide Saya Pu Zaw Pwe (SPZP)s starting with SPZP-2000 in San Francisco, USA.
- Wrote 64 “Count down to the Reunion” and 36 “Post Reunion” for SPZP-2000.
- Wrote Poems and Articles for Commemorative Issues of Swel Daw Yeik Sar Saung and Swel Daw Yeik Magazine
- On behalf of the 69ers, thanked the sayas, sayamas, sponsors and attendees at the Golden Jubilee of Graduation on December 14, 2019 at the YTU Assembly Hall.
- Wrote Preludes to every section in the 90th Anniversary Issue of RUBC in half an hour.
Wrote three articles as Contributing Editor for the Magazine.
- Wrote 30+ “Memories of UCC” in three days (during my visit to Yangon in 2018)
- Wrote / revised 2000+ posts in hlamin.com
- Broadcast 200+ Educational Videos.
Most of them are on Facebook.
The later ones are on my You Tube Channel.
- Have dumped my still reasonably good memory to pay back to my alma mater.
- Attended PPBRS, SPHS, Leik Khone, RIT and UCC.
- Taught at UCC, DCS and ICST.
- Admin of several FB groups :
Fun with Learning
Life Long Learning
Rangoon University Centennial FB Group
- Requested sayas, alumni and friends to help me with my journey.
- Some provided insightful comments :
Sayagyi Dr. Aung Gyi
U Aye (M62)
Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint (SPHS60)
Dr. Nyunt Wai (SPHS63)
Dr. Khin Maung U (SPHS63)
U Aung Myint (SPHS64, UCC)
U Khin Maung Zaw (SPHS70, EC76)
- Know only a fraction of sayas and alumni
But I know them with reasonable detail
- Am a Jack of All Trades and Master of Some.
There are many areas of knowledge that I do not know. |
But I know a few areas with reasonable detail.
- Am grateful to my ancestors who are philanthropists.
They led by example.
They donated cash and kind for hospitals, schools, religious and social institutions.
Cannot donate a fraction of what they did in cash, but I have donated my time and energy.
- Am grateful to my “Let Oo Sayas”.
My beloved father said, “Any thing that is worth doing is worth doing well.”
My beloved mother said, “Eyes have you and you see not. Ears have you and hear not”.
Without their unbounded love, support and exhortation, I would not be where I am today.
- “If one can dream, others can fulfill.”
It was true of Jules Verne.
- Had two of my dreams fulfilled :
(a) to get the sayas and alumni get connected and re-connected electronically and physically
(b) to pay back the metta and cetana of our mentors via SPZP.
- Latest dream is to implement “Written and Oral History”
- Hope that amateur and professional folklorists / historians can massage my Posts and Videos into Reference Material.