- March 13, 1988 was a sad and dark day in Burma.
It is a milestone in the struggle to restore democracy in our beloved land.
The events on that day also contributed to the uprising on 8-8-88.
- The City of Berkeley in California, US declared March 13 as “Burma Human Rights Day“.
- In the Pwint Linn Era, March 13 is celebrated as “Phone Maw and Soe Naing” Nay.
Soon offerings are made in their memory.
- Saya U Moe Aung (Tekkatho Moe War) has published an article about the fateful day.
- Saya U Nyunt Htay (Maung Nyunt Htay — Ah Htet Min Hla) has written poems in Swel Daw Yeik Magazine.
ARITA and March 13
- ARITA (also known as RITAA) stands for RIT-YIT-YTU Alumni Association.
It was formed on March 13, 2016.
- A huge vinyl with the ARITA Logo was made available on March 13, 2018.
Thanks to Ko Eric Foo for the photo and Mech Ko Lay for the vinyl copy.
- Ko Wynn Htain Oo (M72) and Ma Nan Khin Nwe (83 Intake) are the super fundraisers.
- Sayama Daw Thida (Physics), who was a core member to celebrate Saya Dr. Maung Maung Kha’s Centennial.
Saya Kha was Interim Dean of the Faculty of Engineering before he became Rector of Rangoon University, RASU and University Distance Learning.