U Tin Maung Soe (Tommy, EP69, GBNF)
- Played basketball with U Soe Win (RIT Captain)
- Passed away on 22 August 2020 (Saturday )
- His funeral held at Yae Wai on 23 Aug.
- GBNF (Gone But Not Forgotten) Serial Number for the Class of RIT 69ers is 91.
Khin Maung Win (EP69, GBNF)
- Known fondly as “Sargalay” and “Nutty”
- Usually finished Mechanical drawings in about an hour and still get Grade 5.
- Later changed his name to “Lada” and “Galon”
- Training partner for Sai Kham Pan (EP69, Burma Selected in Badminton)
- Badminton selection at the Township level
- Asked his friends to pray for him
- Had an operation
- Passed away a few days later.
Myint Thin (M71, GBNF)
- Matriculated from St. Paul’s High School in 1965
- Classmates from SPHS to RIT : Myint Toe (M71), Michael Aye (M71)
- Admitted to RIT as Mechanical Engineering Roll Number One
- Selected RIT Luyechun
- Represented RIT in Rowing
- Sponsored Sayagyi U Ba Than to attend SPZP-2007
- Passed away in Singapore.
- Spouse : Daw Khin Win Ni
U Aung Myaing (ChE72) wrote :
He was one year senior to me. However, we belonged to Phaunggyi Zeya 12 while taking the civil service training in 1973. He was KATHA 101 and I was KATHA 102. Our beds were adjacent. Thus we had time to exchange our views on several topics. I came to realize how flexible and humble he was. We established a good friendship.
After Phaunggyi training, to my memory, we met each other twice: once in Myanmar and another in Singapore. It is worth noting here that our relationship was always remarkably warm.
May he be dwelling at a higher abode.