Video Broadcast : #211
January 28, 2021
- 69 Siblings (According to “Guinness Book of World Records)
- 15 Siblings (Named alphabetically from Albert to Oscar)
- 9 Siblings (My Double First Cousins)
- My 7 Siblings
- Other 7 Siblings (U Tin Tut to Daw Tin Saw Mu)
ICS U Tin Tut
Related Posts (e.g. his assassination, The Empty Tomb)
- First Burmese to become ICS by invitation.
- Served as Foreign Minister, Brigadier of a Reserve Army, Journalist and Publisher.
- Perished when a bomb (placed under his car) exploded. There were investigations, but no conclusive results were reported.
- Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint posted photos and articles about his Ba Gyi (e.g. The Empty Tomb).
- “Ba Gyi Aung Nyar Dei” (a famous short story by Minthuwun (Saya U Wun) has implicit references to U Tin Tut.
U Kyaw Myint
Related Posts (e.g. long article by Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint)
- Barrister, Judge of Supreme Court, Head of Tribunal that tried Galon U Saw, Dean of the Faculty of Law, Politician, Head of private Law firm that defended several people accused by the MaSaLa government).
- Stood first in Burma from Central with distinctions in all subjects. Sadly, he was expelled from the University of Rangoon for attending his mother’s funeral and earned the ire of the Principal and his father. His saga is recounted in a series of posts by his son Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint.
- Dhamma friend of my beloved parents. They built Dat Paung Zon Aung Min Gaung pagoda and supported “Mon” Sayadaw U Thilawanta.
U Myint Thein
Related Posts (e.g. Garawa to his elder brother)
- Uncle Monty was Chief Justice of the Union of Burma.
- On March 2, 1962, a Coup D’etat took place.
Arrested along the Prime Minister, Cabinet Ministers, several Sawbwas and high ranking officials.
During his detainment, he was allowed only one day off to attend the funeral of his spouse (an early Burmese female to be called to the Bar in the UK).
- Ambassador (e.g. to China).
- Outstanding author and translator.
- Pen name : “MMT” (for Maung Myint Thein). His works were heavily censored.
Dr. Htin Aung
Related Posts (e.g. article by Win Aung Gyi / Aung Mon)
- Served as Principal of Rangoon College and as the first native Rector of the University of Rangoon.
- Prolific writer (covering history, folklore and several topics).
- “Burmese Drama” and “Thirty Burmese Tales” were prescribed texts.
Daw Khin Mya Mu
Related Posts (e.g. article by Daw Khin Saw Tint, Lost Manuscripts)
- Served as Lecturer in Burmese, Thamadu Myo Win (and family court judge)
- Expert in Kyauk Sar (stone inscriptions)
- Spouse : Burmese Professor U E Maung
- Her handwritten manuscripts were not published due to lack of fonts, and were ultimately lost
Daw Khin Saw Mu
Related Posts (TEDx Talk by Nay Oke, article by Daw Khin Saw Tint)
- Early student of Sayagyi U Pe Maung Tin (Pali scholar, who successfully proposed the establishment of a separate Burmese Department).
- Khit San Poet
- Spouse : ICS U Ba Tint
- Children :
Sayama Daw Khin Saw Tint (RIT English, bilingual writer)
and U Nay Oke Tint (St. Paul’s, TED-x Yangon speaker, successful tuition saya, Chair of the Myanmar Board for organizing the 5th ILF (Irrawaddy Literary Festival).
Daw Tin Saw Mu
Related Post (Article by Daw Khin Saw Tint)
- Lecturer in English at Rangoon University